Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Promising Switchgrass study

7 posts in this topic

This definitely looks like good news for Ethanol. I still question whether large scale burning of Ethanol would be any healthier for us.

This article shows both sides of the argument.

There are alternatives, such as battery-electric, plug-in-hybrid and hydrogen-fuel cell vehicles, whose energy can be derived from wind or solar power. These vehicles produce virtually no toxic emissions or greenhouse gases and cause very little disruption to the land—unlike ethanol made from corn or switchgrass, which will require millions of acres of farmland to mass-produce. It would seem prudent, therefore, to address climate, health and energy with technologies that have known benefits.

This definitely looks like good news for Ethanol. I still question whether large scale burning of Ethanol would be any healthier for us.

This article shows both sides of the argument.

there is no reason you can't use both. Plug in Volt running ethanol as it's fuel.

Screw you Exxon.

there is no reason you can't use both. Plug in Volt running ethanol as it's fuel.

Screw you Exxon.

I would add in other alternatives as well, especially biodiesel and hydrogen for fuel cells and ICEs.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room