Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Land Rover Freelander

NOS2006

lr2hst1nm5.jpg

Land Rover today introduced an HST derivative of its new Freelander 2 SUV. The HST model features a number of performance-inspired styling cues, although the engine remains unchanged. So far there has been no word on U.S. availability. The Freelander 2 is known as the LR2 in America.

Features include a Sports Styling Pack with front and rear bumper aprons, side sill mouldings and a rear roof spoiler. Other enhancements include 19 inch alloy 10-spoke wheels with shadowchrome finish, leather seat facings, privacy glass and metallic paint.

John Edwards, managing director for Land Rover UK commented: "The Freelander 2 HST has an impressive muscular stance when seen on the road. It will undoubtedly be appealing to our customers who require a dramatic visual impact without compromising on practicality."

For more pictures, please see http://www.leftlanenews.com/land-rover-fre...er-lr2-hst.html[/io]

Hmmm, apparently the last-gen VUE looked good enough to be a Land Rover...

To me, the LR2 is a turd.....

The exterior looks like a warmed-over Escape....and I don't find anything remotely "classy" about the interior. I can understand how the X3 gave the LR2 a pasting in a recent C&D comparo.

I've always laughed at the British mags' overtly positive reviews of Land Rover products.....always rating the LR2 and LR3 as "best-in-class" for their segments. The ONLY Land Rover product I've been in that remotely deserves the praise it's gotten is the Range Rover (and even that LR has been a reliability nightmare.)

Overweight, ponderous to drive on-road, and fit-and-finish that doesn't begin to impress next to most upscale SUVs (or even GM Lambda products.) If you really want the off-road capability, then fine. But even off-road, except in the most extreme conditions, vehicles like the X5 and others will through most of what the LRs will with much better on-road manners and an overall classier feel and image.