Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

SoCal Meet

Croc

Okay, so in one of OC's emotional essays he mentioned a SoCal meet-up, and this has been talked about for almost 4 years. Are we gonna do this or WHAT? When? Where (OC mentioned Irvine)? C'mon let's get it done!!

This Saturday morning??? It's supposed to be decent weather.....

You guys have to get down here early......I usually get to the parking lot by 6:45am or so, and it's already filling up. But it's worth it. They even open the cafeteria up in the PAG building so you can order breakfast or get coffee too....and there's also a group that sets up a table by the cars with more coffee and donuts.

I suggest we meet there, have fun looking at the cars, then head to Laguna for breakfast.....I know a good place, Coyote Grill in south Laguna.

Well since most of us have never met, we'd prolly need to meet somewhere first then all go over to the PAG building together. Maybe a Starbucks or something? Or everyone could meet here at my house....about 10mins away from PAG.....

Agreed that it would be better to meet somewhere else first.

What happens if the parking lot fills up? Are the lot we would park in and the lot the "show cars" park in the same?

I'm going to have to wash the SS! She hasn't been out of the garage in a while, and especially not to meet people!

That early will be problematic for me. Still, my schedule looks clear for this Saturday. A luncheon meet would probably be best for those who don't already live in Irvine.

Edited by Croc

Agreed that it would be better to meet somewhere else first.

What happens if the parking lot fills up? Are the lot we would park in and the lot the "show cars" park in the same?

I'm going to have to wash the SS! She hasn't been out of the garage in a while, and especially not to meet people!

There's plenty of parking outside of the car-show parking......if you want to park your car in the show, you can pull in and see if there are any open spaces....and if there are not, you can just park outside of the car show.

There's plenty of parking outside of the car-show parking......if you want to park your car in the show, you can pull in and see if there are any open spaces....and if there are not, you can just park outside of the car show.

Cool... it's not that I want to put my car in the show, rather I just want somewhere to park my car!

That early will be problematic for me. Still, my schedule looks clear for this Saturday. A luncheon meet would probably be best for those who don't already live in Irvine.

That's fine....I mean the only reason I offered for people to come down here is the car show (worth it...) and even Derelict Donuts in Huntington Beach has the same type of early-morning schedule.......

At Cars and Coffee in Irvine, they are pretty much early-starters.....and by 9am, people are starting to head out....

Cool... it's not that I want to put my car in the show, rather I just want somewhere to park my car!

Oh....no problems with that.

We'll have to see....sounds like Croc and Nick don't wanna get up so early to come to the show......maybe we can hit the show then meet up with them somewhere afterwards after they roll out of bed.....LOL

I think it's u and I....unless Croc wants to meet later in the day for brunch or something.

I mean, I'm in West Adams, and so getting to Irvine @ 6:45-7 means I'm waking up 6-6:15 and immediately driving. It's a Saturday, for Christ's sake...

I would also have to leave around 6-6:15.

What if we make the official meet a brunch thing, and whoever wants can show up earlier to the car show.

At Cars and Coffee in Irvine, they are pretty much early-starters.....and by 9am, people are starting to head out....

Holy crap ... they leave that early? My goodness.

One another group/forum I'm on, a couple of the guys share weekly pics of the events with us. Those posts are two that I always take a few extra minutes to look through. The cars are just phenomenol.

Have fun meeting up, guys. I always enjoy meeting members ... and was hoping more of the ones in the Chicago area would be interested in meeting....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm out of my pain" ... Beth Hart ... 'LA Song'

What if we make the official meet a brunch thing, and whoever wants can show up earlier to the car show.

TRUST ME.....the show is worth it. I'm no fan of waking up at 6am either.....but it makes a fun start to a Saturday.

If you want, PM me (or I'll PM you) and we'll make arrangements.....even if it's just you and I.

We can keep Croc and others in the loop in case they want to show up.....or meet later for breakfast or lunch. If not Laguna, I'm not opposed to driving up to L.A. somewhere for breakfast/lunch so we can meet up with the others......

(edit: one alternative is doing the car show in Irvine.....then meeting up at Autobooks in Burbank.....then doing breakfast/lunch somewhere up there...??? However, Laguna is just too perfect to be missed on a nice Saturday morning.......hmmm.....)

Edited by The O.C.

Spoken by a true GMI grad.. :rotflmao:

OMG you have no idea.....

:alcoholic:

I somehow managed to graduate and get good grades.....but GMI was a 5-year-long drunkfest for me.....

LOL

I still remember one morning waking up to go to work (at Buick) and having my friend help clean off the magic marker from my face, neck, and arms.....so that I could put on a dress shirt and go into work.

I waited until that evening to clean off the $h! they wrote on my chest and stomach.....

:lol:

TRUST ME.....the show is worth it. I'm no fan of waking up at 6am either.....but it makes a fun start to a Saturday.

If you want, PM me (or I'll PM you) and we'll make arrangements.....even if it's just you and I.

We can keep Croc and others in the loop in case they want to show up.....or meet later for breakfast or lunch. If not Laguna, I'm not opposed to driving up to L.A. somewhere for breakfast/lunch so we can meet up with the others......

(edit: one alternative is doing the car show in Irvine.....then meeting up at Autobooks in Burbank.....then doing breakfast/lunch somewhere up there...??? However, Laguna is just too perfect to be missed on a nice Saturday morning.......hmmm.....)

It will be warmer there around noon. I have no problem driving to Laguna...just not at 6am. I'm around LA too much anyways, and I've really neglected going south to OC. Keep me posted.

OK... so I'm 99% sure I'll be making it bright and early for the car show this Saturday. Are there any plans to meet later in the morning to meet/eat?

I'm down, but you and OC need to let me know when/where so I can drive on down.

OC knows the area better, so I'll leave it up to him to pick where we meet after the car show...

OK guys.....here's what I'm thinking......

Those that want to go see the car show, there's a Starbucks close by the PAG building where we can meet. We should prolly meet around 6:30-ish, and then head over to the PAG building.

Most cars start pulling in between 6:15-6:45....usually by 7am, it's over-flowing. (Parking for personal vehicles shouldn't be an issue.)

The show usually lasts until around 8:30 to 9am at the latest. THEREFORE, if we want to meet Croc for lunch down here around noon, we'll have to find something to bide our time for a few hours after the show.

IF Croc wants to meet a bit earlier, say for brunch, around 10am, then that would work out perfectly. So Croc you need to let us know if you can make it a bit earlier....say meet around 10am.

I suggest we go to Coyote Grill in south Laguna. it's a fun little place, overlooking the ocean.....they have a small bar where they do GREAT bloody mary's and mimosas....kind of a "thatch roof, surfboard" type of theme. They also do great breakfasts or lunch (mexicali-type food, or typical burgers, etc.) It's a nice drive down to Laguna, through town, and down to where Coyote is. Then afterwards, there's lots of places to kinda wander around back down in the village. Coyote is good because it's a "locals" place and because it's in South Laguna, you miss out on alot of the tourist jam.

As far as the Starbucks, here's the address if you want to mapquest it or navigate it......(5 fwy south to Alton. At end of off-ramp, brief right on Enterprise then left on Alton. Next, left on Irvine Center Drive. Next right on Prism/Spectrum.)

Starbucks

38 Prism

Irvine, CA. 92618

If you guys want, we can PM each other our cell phone numbers.

I could do 10:30...I just don't want to go to early because then there's an incredibly high chance I'd oversleep, and I don't want to blow it off like that if I say I'm gonna be there.

10:30 sounds good, that way we don't have to wait toooo long to grab a bite to eat :)

Well, that was fun. Tired of battling traffic though haha

It was a good time......!!!!!

Thanks for making the trek down......

The show was incredible, as usual.....wish others could have made it.......

Croc....it was great getting to meet you! You're not so bad as everyone makes you out to be.......

:rolleyes: (j/k)

Actually, I really enjoyed spending time with you two.......

*shakes head*

NOBODY took cameras? Blasphemy!

He he ... I'm looking forward to getting to another forum where the CA locals regularly post weekly pictures of cars'n'coffee ;).

Glad you all got to meet up ... it's cool meeting people from the site!

"Sometimes love comes and goes away" ... George Strait ... 'Marina Del Ray'

*shakes head*

NOBODY took cameras? Blasphemy!

He he ... I'm looking forward to getting to another forum where the CA locals regularly post weekly pictures of cars'n'coffee ;).

Glad you all got to meet up ... it's cool meeting people from the site!

"Sometimes love comes and goes away" ... George Strait ... 'Marina Del Ray'

Good news is......as long as it's not raining (and we're moving out of the rainy season here) Cars & Coffee happens EVERY Saturday. So, I'll go in the next week or so and take pics either with my cell phone, or with my camera if I can find it.

BUT....I'll have to email the pics to one of you guys and I'll let you guys f*ck around with imageshack and get them up on here if you want. I don't have patience for imageshack...LOL

So someone volunteer for me......

:thumbsup:

Good news is......as long as it's not raining (and we're moving out of the rainy season here) Cars & Coffee happens EVERY Saturday. So, I'll go in the next week or so and take pics either with my cell phone, or with my camera if I can find it.

BUT....I'll have to email the pics to one of you guys and I'll let you guys f*ck around with imageshack and get them up on here if you want. I don't have patience for imageshack...LOL

So someone volunteer for me......

:thumbsup:

Ehhhh... can I pass? :P

The car show was sweet, and meeting and hanging out with OC and Croc (and their cars) was cool!

Ehhhh... can I pass? :P

The car show was sweet, and meeting and hanging out with OC and Croc (and their cars) was cool!

Yeah....you get a pass....LOL....(we talked about that yesterday.)

Someone will do it for me.

I don't know if I'll go this coming Saturday, 'cause Joe gets here on Thursday night. But I told him I wanted to take him, so I'm sure we'll either go this Saturday or the following Saturday.