winston

Pontiac Wave Car Alarm

8 posts in this topic

We have an 06 Pontiac Wave and for the past couple of months, the alarm has been going off. There is nothing around to give it a reason (no airplanes, loud noises,people, whatever). Is there a resolve?

Thank you Bill

Does it have power locks and/or windows?

Is it an aftermarket alarm?

Edited by daves87rs

Is it not under warranty? Take it in and have it looked at, could be a module wiggin out, or a short. who knows?

Hmmm...

My guess is that you have a short in the key Fob.

My co-worker took his wife's Aveo in for a issue like that (alarm would go for five mins)

After talking to the dealership (while I was in for work) and my co-worker, this seems to be a common issue....

well thank you for your note on the remote/key fob. I'm going to change the battery and give it a couple of days and if it still persists, then I will take the car in to have it serviced or just buy another remote itself, that might be cheaper then paying for a service call, to just find out that it was the remote.

Thank you again, much appreciated.

P.s I'm not sure which is worse, the Wave or my 06 Caravan..I'm very anal at servicing my vehicles.

Thank you for your reply, as I mentioned to the next email on the list, I'm going to replace battery and then if that doesn't work, I'll prob replace remote..

But again thank you for a prompt reply...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor