need groceries?

Very cool and unique, but not the fastest grocery getter around. I think that honor still belongs to Tommy Ivo's four-engine Buick SportWagon:

photo21.jpg

If I ever win the lottery I WILL buy it; gas prices be damned!

Why have 16 cylinders when you can have 32? :D

Oh... and all you point-and-shoot camera imbeciles, take note

THAT guy knows how to take professional photos! Unlike 99%

of people selling things on CL/ebay.

1973 Laguna wagon with a 454? Was that combo available? I think '73 was the one and only year for a Laguna wagon. The Laguna started out in an odd position, as a luxury Chevelle. After its inaugural year of '73, it quickly turned into a sporty Chevelle alternative, an attempt to inject some excitement into the Chevy A-body line, which sorely needed it after the SS lost its mojo earlier in the decade. I guess GM saw a chance to transform the Laguna into a NASCAR runner, and the sloped-nose Laguna Type S-3 production car for '75-'76 was needed to make it legal for the racetracks... similar to the '83 Monte Carlo SS.

There were big block Chevelle wagons before '73.

Yes, you could get a 454 in a Chevelle/El Camino until '75.

The SS Chevelle was still available in '73, supplanted by the Laguna after that. But the El Camino SS continued uninterrupted through the rest of its production.

In fact, in '73 (and only in '73) you could have purchased a 454 SS Chevelle wagon.