Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2 Mini Road Trips ... August 2008

I'm not going on a "major" road trip this year, since I'm using vacation time to attend a few different weekend gatherings/shows/cruises that I've previously mentioned; I hope to return to a week or 2-week long road trip in 2009, like these previous ones...

October 2004, west:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/0410/0410.html

August 2005, east:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/0508/0508.html

October 2006, west:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/1106/1106.html

November 2007, south/east:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/200711/200711.html

Still ... I have two "short" trips planned for this August.... Please advise if you are interested in meeting up along the way on either trip....

FIRST ... THURSDAY, AUGUST 7 to TUESDAY, AUGUST 12:

I will take a "mini road trip" around our family reunion (Dad's side of the family) in the Pittsburgh/Johnstown/Holsopple PA area, Saturday, August 9, 2008.

I will travel through...

...Indiana,

...Michigan,

...Ohio,

...Pennsylvania,

...New Jersey,

...Maryland, and

...northern Virginia (to see family on Mom's side).

Skeletal itinerary is below ... hope to have plans (including road route) finalized soon, especially since a few people have already called about plans along the way....

THURSDAY, AUGUST 7

* IL to northern IN ... IL RT 47 S to SR 24 E

FRIDAY, AUGUST 8

* IN to Detroit MI area for lunch ... leave IN between 7a and 8a; arrive in MI ~11a or noon ... SR 30 E to I-69 N to I-94 E

* MI to NE Ohio for dinner/overnight ... leave MI ~2p; arrive SW of Akron OH ~6p ... I-475 S to SR 2 E to I-90 E to I-71 S....

SATURDAY, AUGUST 9

* OH to reunion in PA ... leave SW of Akron OH ~7a; arrive Hollsopple/Johnstown/Pittsburgh area 11a ... I-76 E to I-80 E to I-79 S to SR 422 E to SR 219 S

* Spend evening in the greater Pittsburgh PA area

SUNDAY, AUGUST 10

* PA to Neptune NJ area for lunch ... leave Pittsburgh/Johnstown/Hollsopple PA area ~4:30a; arrive Neptune NJ ~11a ... I-76 E to I-276 E to I-295 N to I-195 E

* NJ to MD to Alexandria VA ... leave NJ ~1p; stop in Baltimore MD area for a bit; arrive in VA ~6:30p to spend evening with family on Mom's side ... I-195 W to I-295 S to I-95 S (I-695 around Baltimore)

MONDAY, AUGUST 11

* VA through MD to IN ... leave VA ~10a; arrive IN ~9p, with stops along the way ... I-270 W to I-70 W to I-68 W to I-79 N to I-70 W to I-77 N to SR 30 W

TUESDAY, AUGUST 12

* IN to home ... leave IN ~7a; arrive home noonish....SR 24 W to IL RT 47 N

SECOND ... FRIDAY, AUGUST 15 to SUNDAY, AUGUST 17:

I hope to travel to Little Rock, Arkansas, to pick up the new-to-me '79 MC (about which I've posted previously; owned by one of my Gram's HS friends)....

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1979b/mc1979b.html

Not sure of the route or timeline just yet.... Probably will take I-55 down and over on I-40, leaving Elgin Friday night ... with the goal of arriving home sometime on Sunday.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there" ... Jerry Reed ... 'East Bound And Down'

DF...I would love to add MA to my list, but sadly, I don't have enough vacation time this year....sorry :(.

Dave and OG...plans haven't materialized yet for lunch on Friday, but it will be somewhere in the greater Detroit area. Maybe some place on Woodward, I don't know. Dave, I know you noted 94...how close are you to Woodward? You, too, OG...how close to Woodward?

Well, I used to live close to the airport. Not after the move a couple weeks ago. I was planning to be heading to A2 for an after work gathering anyway, so I could be headed west earlier if need be. In any case, it doesnt make a whole lot of difference, anywhere from Ann Arbor to Algonac works for me.

Unless of course that work thing changes my availability. Never know what might blow up.

Edited by Olds Guy

Unless of course that work thing changes my availability. Never know what might blow up.

Amen!

He he...yeah, life happens, doesn't it?

;)

OK...that's good...I know both of you are flexible on the location...so, we'll stay in touch...!

*UPDATE*

So far, a few people are interested in meeting in...

...Michigan (Detroit area) for lunch on Friday

...Ohio (Akron/Cleveland area) for dinner on Friday

...Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area) for Saturday evening

...Pennsylvania (Philadelphia area) for a stop en route to NJ on Sunday

...New Jersey (Neptune?) for Sunday lunch

...Maryland (Baltimore area) / Ohio for stops along the way Sunday and Monday

Not sure of when I'll be online in the next couple weeks (along with the 2 noted upcoming road trips, a whole 'nother story...perhaps more to come on THAT after I get back with the new-to-me '79 MC the weekend of August 16), so, if you are interested in meeting up, call me...my cell is my sig below.

_847__Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

_337__WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

_9897_"I hope you remember me" ... Our Lady Peace ... 'Somewhere Out There'

Hmmm...are most of those places local joints, OG? I've only heard of...2 of them...Famous Daves and Red Robin.

Knowing myself, I probably won't eat much...lol. So...just about anywhere, as long as salad and sandwiches are on the menu.

Anyone else? Camino...will you be around that Sunday afternoon during my trip from Pittsburgh to NJ? I know Oldsmoboi won't be home in Pittsburgh that weekend because of the car show in New Hope....

Hey schuby...I understand.

If you find you CAN join us, call me!

**UPDATE**

I'm heading out either tomorrow (Thursday) night for Indiana...or...(most likely) early Friday morning straight for Michigan. If you are interested in meeting up at any point along the way, please CALL me [my _CELL PH#_ is in my signature below] ... I will NOT have a chance to check online again before I leave.

The rental this time? A silver 2007 DODGE CHARGER!

FRIDAY, AUGUST 8

* IL to Detroit MI area for lunch, somewhere along Woodward Ave (place TBD)

... leave home ~4a; arrive in MI ~11a

... IL RT 20 E to Elgin/O'Hare Expressway to I-290 E to I-294 E to I-94 E to I-96 E to I-275 N to I-696 E to Woodward Ave (N)

* MI to NE OH for dinner/overnight

... leave MI ~2p; arrive SW of Akron OH ~6p

... I-696 W to I-275 S to I-75 S to I-280 S to I-80/90 E to I-77 S to OH RT 21 S to OH RT 585 SW

SATURDAY, AUGUST 9

* OH to PA for family reunion

... leave SW of Akron OH ~7a; arrive Hollsopple/Johnstown/Pittsburgh area 11a for family reunion on Dad's side

... OH RT 585 NE to OH RT 21 N to I-76 E to I-80 E to I-79 S to SR 422 E to SR 219 S (exit at Jerome PA)

* Spend evening in the greater Pittsburgh PA area

SUNDAY, AUGUST 10

* PA to NJ for lunch at Beacon Street Grille (3205 Highway 66, Neptune NJ 07753) ... www.beaconstreetgrill.com/directions.html

... leave Pittsburgh/Johnstown/Hollsopple PA area ~4:30a; arrive Neptune NJ ~11a

... I-76 E to I-276 E to I-95 N to I-195 E to NJ 138 E to NJ 18 N to NJ 66 W

* NJ to MD to Alexandria VA

... leave NJ ~1p; stop in Baltimore MD area for a bit; arrive in VA ~6:30p to spend evening with family on Mom's side

... NJ 66 E to NJ 18 S to NJ 138 W to I-195 W to I-295 S to I-95 S to I-695 to Exit 30 to I-695 around Baltimore to I-95 S to I-495/I-95 S to I-395 N to Alexandria VA

MONDAY, AUGUST 11

* VA through MD to OH to IN

... leave VA ~10a; arrive IN ~9p, with stops along the way

... I-495 N to I-270 W to I-70 W to I-68 W to I-79 N to I-70 W to I-77 N to SR 30 W

TUESDAY, AUGUST 12

* IN to home

... leave IN ~7a; arrive home noonish

... SR 24 W to IL RT 47 N (or via SR 30 W to SR 49 N to I-94 W to I-294 W to SR 20 W)

_847__Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

_337__WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

_9897_"The life I love is making music with my friends" ... Willie Nelson ... 'On The Road Again'