Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cire

World Car Fans: Buick Regal Based On Opel Insignia Launched In China

2 posts in this topic

I still think this would make a nice addition to the Buick lineup as a "4-door coupe" type of vehicle that could draw younger customers into Buick showrooms. The engine choices would need to be altered for the U.S. market though. The turbo 4 would need to be the base engine with the 3.0 DI V6 serving as the optional engine. These engine offerings would keep the Regal positioned below the upcoming LWB Eps II LaCrosse, which I believe will have the 3.0 DI V6 as standard equipment and the 3.6 DI V6 as an optional engine.

The link below provides more extensive pictures of the "Buickized" Opel Insignia that I have not seen before:

Visit My Website

Source: World Car Fans

It's not the perfect way to get more products into Buick showrooms, but it will do for now (considering GM's precarious financial condition). I know it doesn't have all the traditional and preferable Buick design cues, but that might help it appeal to those who normally wouldn't consider a Buick. As long as GM would keep it as a Buick exclusive in the U.S., I really don't think it would damage Buick's image.

Edited by cire

I still think this would make a nice addition to the Buick lineup as a "4-door coupe" type of vehicle that could draw younger customers into Buick showrooms. The engine choices would need to be altered for the U.S. market though. The turbo 4 would need to be the base engine with the 3.0 DI V6 serving as the optional engine. These engine offerings would keep the Regal positioned below the upcoming LWB Eps II LaCrosse, which I believe will have the 3.0 DI V6 as standard equipment and the 3.6 DI V6 as an optional engine.

The link below provides more extensive pictures of the "Buickized" Opel Insignia that I have not seen before:

Visit My Website

Source: World Car Fans

It's not the perfect way to get more products into Buick showrooms, but it will do for now (considering GM's precarious financial condition). I know it doesn't have all the traditional and preferable Buick design cues, but that might help it appeal to those who normally wouldn't consider a Buick. As long as GM would keep it as a Buick exclusive in the U.S., I really don't think it would damage Buick's image.

It would be cool to see the hatchback version here...it's a pretty slick package, IMHO. Offer it w/ the turbo 4, a diesel, and the DI V6s..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room