LosAngeles

Any Bay Area posters here?

7 posts in this topic

Does San Francisco's DeSoto Cab company use LXes up there? Magnum, Charger, 300, anything? Or are they still pushing old Dynasties and early Intrepids?

Could not tell you, I have not been to San Francisco for about a year (last year's North American International Show). I will be heading to San Fran in a couple of weeks for this years show. I will keep my eyes out for you?

I'm going to be in S.F. the next few days. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I saw four DeSoto cabs in that familiar blue and black paint theme. Three were second generation Intrepids. The fourth was a '05 or '06 Camry. As for other companies' cabs, I saw only Crown Vics except for one last generation Camry.

I saw four DeSoto cabs in that familiar blue and black paint theme.  Three were second generation Intrepids.  The fourth was a '05 or '06 Camry.

[post="41312"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Damn.....poor DeSoto went away from what made them famous....I was looking at a pic on allpar with a DeSoto Cab Dakota, and there was a car that had nothing Chrysler about its roofline sitting next to it (seemed quite Camcordish)...

But I didn't expect anyone to have gone to the LXes yet, because those things are pretty expensive for fleet duty....

Does San Francisco's DeSoto Cab company use LXes up there?

Magnum, Charger, 300, anything?

Or are they still pushing old Dynasties and early Intrepids?

[post="38770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dynasties?! When was the last time you were in Frisco? 1990??

There are quite a few 300C taxis running around, but it's not an exclusive model. DeSoto seems to be running a little bit of everything.

The 300 is by no means the only intresting taxi you'll see up there. There are a few "British" cabs, probally half a dozen each Toyota Camaries, Impalas,& Chrysler minivans. Of course, the work horse is the Crown Victoria.

If you go to Vegas, they also have 300C taxis rolling around.

Sorry, I haven't seen a Charger taxi yet.

Dynasties?! When was the last time you were in Frisco? 1990??

[post="42041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was there in frickin' 02 seeing them still running those....and a few Intrepids of course.

Down here, it ain't nothing but old Vickies....and a few straggler Caprices.