Lucerne snaps from 2006 Miami Auto Show

rivieraranch

We attended the Miami Auto Show at the Miami Beach Convention Center on tony S. Beach in the concrete jungle of Miami Hyphen Dade County. I took a good many snaps and this stupid board won't let me post them. If somebody would be so kind as to help me out with this I would appreciate it. The Buick display had a chopped away blue Lucerne with a cashmere interior and a silver one with black inside. Both of the vehicles were CXS models. The blue one looks very nice;"regal" if you will, in the dictionary sense of the word. The silver one I don't care for, especially what they told me were raw chrome wheels as opposed to the shiny chrome plated wheels the blue one had. I have never seen metal on wheels as ugly as the ones on the silver Lucerne. The Lucerne is magnificent in person; my wife, one of Buick's harshest critics, liked it a lot. There were not large crowds around the car but there were a steady trickle of people looking at Buick's current offerings. They had several Lacrosses AND NONE OF THEM WERE GERIATRIC WHITE! There were 2 CXS models, 2 CXL's and only one base. I was very proud of Buick for keeping the boring, non-descript, ugly white cars out of this show. Friendly and informative Buick personnel manned the exhibit. I did not learn anything that is not already posted on this forum, but if somebody knew nothing of the Lucerne they could get an earfull from these people. The blonde on the turning platform told me how excited they were about the car: I replied "I'm elated that you're excited." All things considered it was a great show and a very nice presentation from Buick.

Point yourself to ImageShack.us and upload them there.

How did the Ranch fare after the storm, by the way? :)

[post="39126"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

We lost a few roof tiles and were without power for 5 days; this is nothing to complain about. Thanks for your concern.

I tried dealing with Image Shack last night but must be doing something wrong.

Looks very good in bits, close-up... not sure as a whole. Personally I like the graphite wheels.

[post="39350"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmm, is that what those are? I like. MUCH, MUCH better than the typical plain silver painted ones.

Looks like a great car, though I still don't like the front end that much.

And yeah, where the heck is this Nav system on the options list? Guess it's like the wood/leather steering wheel also shown on Buick's site but nowhere to be found on in the options.