Saw the new Lacrosse today and I was very impressed

hyperv6

While I am not a die hard Buick guy I saw the new Lacrosse today at the Cleveland Auto SHow today. It was a very impressive car. The interior is fantastic and the over styling less the grill was spot on. The grill I thought could be shorter but it was not anything that would keep me from considering one.

GM should do well with this car if it is price right.

On what basis do you say the Enclave has done wonders for Buick's image? I just don't hear people talking about it one way or another at all.

Well, for one it's been very well reviewed as being one of the best in class. When was the last Buick to be that well reviewed? When I was at the auto show in December a lot of people were looking at it, and I know at least one couple in their 30's were talking to a rep about pricing and options, and that they were interested in buying one.

Most Enclaves I see are driven by younger (30's - 40's) people, as opposed to LaCrosses and Lucerenes which I usually see older folks driving (along with most other Buicks in recent history).

Maybe wonders was a bit of a stretch? I dunno, but it's done a hell of a lot more for Buick than anything else in the past 20+ years outside of the GN.

Yep Enclaves are everywhere here on the roads and seldom do I see an old person driving one. The reviews all have been good and it is a very well done vehicle.

I too had my doubts it would sell but here in Ohio and In So Cal I have seen many on the roads.

Hyundia has shown a company that made the first Elans that were crap and looked at as the second coming of the Yugo can change.

Good product priced right, marketing well and reliablitity can change a lot.

If Hyundia can turn around anyone can.

I am more worried about GM as a whole vs just Buick. Buick is going to be fine but the rest of GM may do it more harm.

Buick also has had so little product for 10 years many younger people will not recall how bad the last Century was.

My first car was a Buick, and I have always had a spot for it as a brand in my mind and heart.

I love the new LaCrosse and I enjoyed the Lucerne when it came out and still consider it a looker.

The one I am most excited about is the new Regal because since it is an Opel Insignia, there is a chance of a manual gearbox!

My first car was a Buick, and I have always had a spot for it as a brand in my mind and heart.

I love the new LaCrosse and I enjoyed the Lucerne when it came out and still consider it a looker.

The one I am most excited about is the new Regal because since it is an Opel Insignia, there is a chance of a manual gearbox!

I agree about the Lucerne. It had a nice exterior design. I wish they would have nailed the interior design, gave it a modern engine/trans combo, and continued to use the LeSabre name (which had market equity as the best selling fullsize sedan in the U.S.). This car is supposed to be the brand's freakin' flagship sedan, yet they gave it a bland interior, outdated tech, and a lame name.

I agree about the 2010 LaCrosse (which needs a name change!) and upcoming Regal. Both cars are fresh and exciting designs that should transform Buick's stodgy, geriatric image (if GM handles it right).