Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rkmdogs

Police Cars we should have--now!

14 posts in this topic

Here's a pic of some very happy cops!
Should be, look what they are driving, that we can't get here --- but it is made by the General.
Guess where? That's right, down under, along with the Holden, Monaro and ....
the GTO! Why can't we get our priorities straight?

Posted Image

AND..... it is RWD, with an LS2 engine and all the other goodies from the GTO!

Oh man, please no more Holdens here...they need to update, their cars are very dated. And that photo does not look very 'down under'...not very Australian.
I saw one here the other day, a new Chevy crewcab 4wd truck police vehicle. Looked very butch.

Here's what we need,

Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

I think we need this little gem
Posted Image

or how about this one?
Posted Image

or this baby
Posted Image

From some time I read an old post that it was attempted before. But they failed to pass some American standards so the project was abandoned.

AND,......

I was talking about cars made by the General, that would be legal here.
It we want to discuss tomorrow, this one is gonna kick everybody's ass!
Can't wait for the Michigan tests next month.

:rolleyes: Posted Image

[quote name='HarleyEarl' date='Aug 24 2005, 01:11 PM']

Here's what we need,

Posted Image

Holey moley Batman! Shades of Broderick Crawford!
10-4, good buddy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

'Nuff said!

FHP still has a nice fleet of Camaro intercept cars. One rocketed by me this morning hot on an older M3. As far as Holdens, with the fuel tank relocated as per US safety regs (a la GTO) so it doesn't light up like a Crown Vic, trunk space is pathetic for a car its size, something like 7 cubic feet. Police cars have and need massive trunks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

'Nuff said!

[post="3173"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Mmmmm... B4C Camaros... Z/28s in RS clothing...

Just imagine making a new one with a LS7 and tune the chassis a bit... Now THAT will stop ANYTHING.

Screw the cops, I want a 5th gen. Camaro in base trim wiht NO power options (except for brakes and steering) a 6-spd manual and an LS7. Paint it up light green or sky blue... make it really look like a Chick car and I'll be up at the dragway humiliating people left and right! nothing coller than a sleeper. Any idiot can make a 17 second Civic look like a touring car but make a car that looks like a 15 sec. girly mobile run a 11.9 and you've got yourself a sick ride! (cheesy plastic hubcaps please)

[quote name='Sixty8panther' date='Aug 25 2005, 12:45 AM']
Screw the cops, I want a 5th gen. Camaro in base trim wiht NO power options (except for brakes and steering) a 6-spd manual and an LS7. Paint it up light green or sky blue... make it really look like a Chick car and I'll be up at the dragway humiliating people left and right! nothing coller than a sleeper. Any idiot can make a 17 second Civic look like a touring car but make a car that looks like a 15 sec. girly mobile run a 11.9 and you've got yourself a sick ride!

(cheesy plastic hubcaps please)"

(Sigh)
When are you guys gonna learn!

Stck trans today, on an everyday car is macho, but passe'. Try 10 out of 10 fast shifts and I guarantee you will blow one of them.
Autos today are not the old slushboxes or yore! You can't think as fast as an auto, nor read the engine signs as quick as the brain on the trans!
Now I'm not talkin' straight out of the box slusheboxes, that are made to appease
the moms and grannies. I'm talkin' about a built, hard-shiftin' auto that will
walk all over you and eat you alive 9 out of 10 times.
You may get lucky ---- once, maybe twice, but in the long run, you'll lose!
I gave up on sticks when I had to do a 38 mile commute into and out of the
Chicago loop, and never got above 2nd gear!
I got left leg fade from pumping a stiff clutch!

For the week-end warrior, stick-shifts and clutches make about as much sense as
bias-ply tires!

I'll give up two tenths for all the benefits of a manual: - Fun to drive factor - Durability - More fun to drive - Simplicity - Fun to drive factor - "One w/ the car feel" I would have not even considered buying my Datsun if it had been an auto. Gotta tell you a true enthusiast has a bigger left leg than his right. ;) Honestly, I just about hate automatics. And I do not like clutcheless semi-autos either. They're all bull$hit and do waht they want regardless of driver input! I'll probablt end up oiwning a few more automatics i my lifetime like a classic car or twoi that is a good deal but happens ot be an auto... wouldn't mind owning a pushbuitton DeSoto Firedome. :wub: But for the most part I stick to three pedals. Edited by Sixty8panther

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0