Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

Calling All New Yorkers.

9 posts in this topic

Does the seller need to be present at a notary to transfer the title or does he just need to sign the title and hand it over? Reason for asking is, that is what someone with a NY registered vehicle that I'm looking into is telling me. I don't want any complications.

I believe the seller just needs to sign the title and hand it over. Not a big deal at all. Not sure if it's different because it's an out-of-state purchase. I'm assuming he signs the title over, you buy the car, and then have to jump through some hoops with the PADMV to get it retitled/registered in PA.

If PA is requiring a notarized signature of the seller, then the seller needs to go to the notary & get his signature stamped. I doubt a PA notary is going to stamp a NYS title you hand him.

Wouldn't some NY State gov DMV website have the answer, or at least the contact info to get that answer?

Lucky for you BV, I have the answer.

PA doesn't look for a notarized signature, just a signed title. Remember that parts Camino?

It came from Z's part of NY, and all I needed was the signed NY title to title it in PA.

If there was a lien from a bank or credit union, don't you have to have a letter from such, saying that the lien has been satisfied?

That should be right on the title itself, which you won't have if the lien isn't already satisfied.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0