Jiangxi Motors Group

The Landwind SUV. This is the first vehicle from a Chinese plant to be sold in Europe. It is based on the old Isuzu Rodeo. 200 of them arrived in Belgium last month. Available with diesel and gas engines. It's priced about $20,220 after taxes. They sold quickly. I guess with that kind of pricing.

This is just the beginning. I think China is going to be a huge player. There are more than 100 different carmakers now manufacturing in China.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I see A LOT of Ford Explorer in that front end, and the side ribbing looks like it was taken off an early 90s Grand Am. It's an old looking design....it looks like something from the mid 90s. I really hope the Chinese don't make much of a foothold here in the US...the last thing we need are more (and cheaper) automakers crowding an already competitive market. Edited by mustang84

Exactly... Brews & 84 nailed it. How creative. Out of the 100 manufacturers I bet one or MAYBE two have an "ORIGINAL" design/chassis. :rolleyes:

We can laugh and scoff and I join in with you, but the point is this is just the beginning. It worries me just a little. I would hate as well, no matter the junk they may send here, if they got a foothold and made steady progress like Hyundai did. Hyundai was pure junk, look at them now.

One has to really want cheap new transpo to buy a knockoff of a 15-year-old, two-generations-removed SUV Until they reign in their design piracy practices, the Chinese will get no real respect. Brilliance is cool with me, the rest can keep that trash over there.

I just saw the phrase "there are over 100 car makers now manufacturing in China." Who is regulating this industry? Just that fact alone makes me believe the industry is unstable. It's freaky. Perhaps GM and Ford should start buying them and running them into the ground. It lessens the chance Chinese cars will end up on our shores and it will have a bad inmpact on the economy over there.