Question on After Market Remote Starters?

Well I also updated the orginal forum with the car but decided to start a new topic about this... The 2005 Chevrolet Impala LS as many of you may know that I plan on getting (when his new Impala comes in.) This is only a remote start system no aftermarket alarm or security has been added from Viper or anyone else. This is a Viper remote start system. It was installed by a pro audio/tint shop in my area who has a good rep, if this was done right will this system give me any problems? Also if it would at some point can they be removed or at least the module? I did try the remote start, aux button with does the trunk and the lock and unlock and had no problem with it. The system worked as it should for me... So is this something to worry about provided it was done right? Also if we have problems can the system be removed relatively simply? Any help would be apperciated, I would like to know as soon as I can. For all I know his new car is coming in soon. Anyother information I should be aware of about this stuff please let me know! All help is welcome and apperciated!

Edited by gm4life

It shouldn't be too hard to remove, if its aftermarket, its likely just a box with a few wires. But if it was professionally installed (i.e. not done by the owner's 17yo son in the driveway) you shouldn't have any problems. My brother-in-law had remote start installed on his Silverado years ago, and never had a problem. My sister got it installed in her GP and it works fine too. Only thing to remember is that you still have to put the key in and turn it to get the car to move. I made that mistake once.

It shouldn't be too hard to remove, if its aftermarket, its likely just a box with a few wires. But if it was professionally installed (i.e. not done by the owner's 17yo son in the driveway) you shouldn't have any problems. My brother-in-law had remote start installed on his Silverado years ago, and never had a problem. My sister got it installed in her GP and it works fine too. Only thing to remember is that you still have to put the key in and turn it to get the car to move. I made that mistake once.

Thanks for the help Satty and the comments! I hope this is the case.

I'm sure it can be removed, beyond that I don't have any help to offer.

Thanks Camino for the input. Anyother comments, help suggestion please chime in. I am have NO CLUE on these things. Except that GM installs them from the factory on many of there products any my brother/sister in law have a factory remote start installed on their 2008 Impala LTZ and love it.

Viper is a reputable brand, so you shouldn't have any problems with it. I would check and see if there is any paperwork for a warranty from with Viper or the shop that installed it just in case. The bigger worry is if it was installed correctly. Take to a shop or someone who knows cars and have the look at the wiring. If it's properly soldered and shrink wrapped, you should be good; if it's held together with butt connectors and tape, you will have issues.

Thanks for the input WMJ about the papers and install work. Keep the thoughts coming...