Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghost Dog

L -Series Brake Light

5 posts in this topic

First let me say my Car is an 03, and not included in the recall. My right Brake light does'nt come on when the brakes are applied. But when I remote lock the doors the bulb will flash with the others. So can I assume the Bulb is good? Or might changing the Bulb fix it? Can I assume that though not included in the recall. My car may have the same defect as those recalled?

Open the trunk and find the white plastic thing the bulb goes in to. Turn it clockwise(I believe) until it wont turn anymore. These stupid things have a tendancy to loosen themselves up. Happens to mine all the time, almost got a ticket for it once. Its a pain in the ass, but your bulb is probably good, the thing it plugs into probably just loosened itself.

Open the trunk and find the white plastic thing the bulb goes in to.  Turn it clockwise(I believe) until it wont turn anymore.  These stupid things have a tendancy to loosen themselves up.  Happens to mine all the time, almost got a ticket for it once.  Its a pain in the ass, but your bulb is probably good, the thing it plugs into probably just loosened itself.

[post="48380"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks. I'll try it on the weekend. I'm in for the night tonight. (oh the weather outside is frightfull)

Bulb was bad. Dual Filaments it seems. The regular taillight filament was ok. The Brake Filament was gone.

Bulb was bad. Dual Filaments  it seems.  The regular taillight filament was ok. The Brake Filament was gone.

[post="49689"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup... I was about to say... it's a dual and only the tail light is coming on with your Key Fob lock feature.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0