Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Next-gen 2010 Honda S2000 (Render)

This is my idea for the next S2000 (about as good as any of those japanese "scoop" magazines anyhow).

For my final project in my 3D design class I was supposed to make like a desk or something with some tools on it. It's a beginner's class after all. I decided to try my hand at a car, and figured I'd do a roadster (this is my first car model). It's incomplete but close enough (final was yesterday so I had to turn it in).

I present to you, the 2010 Honda S2000!

nextgens2000-01t.jpg

* Lighter-weight than outgoing model.

* Retractable soft-top folds into forward trunk area.

* Offered in three trim levels: base, Type R, and Type RR trim.

* RWD X-frame chassis refined to increase rigidity while reducing weight.

Base Trim

$25,790 not including destination charges

210hp K20 with 6-speed manual transmission

2,550 lbs curb-weight

51/49 weight distribution

Type R Trim

$32,630 not including destination charges

290hp K22 turbocharged with 6-speed manual transmission

17-inch lightweight wheels

High-performance summer tires

2,750 lbs curb-weight

52/48 weight distribution

Type RR Trim (pictured above)

$36,230 not including destination charges

Same as Type R with following modifications:

No stereo system, A/C, or soft-top.

Carbon fiber hard-top, hood, and trunk lid

Aerodynamic lip and rear spoilers

Recaro lightweight racing seats

2,590 lbs curb-weight

50/50 weight distribution

Oh, I used Autodesk Maya. I did the wheels before I did the car. They weren't too difficult, although it's hard to explain how to do them. Hehe.

Yes, it does seem to have Miata and Viper influence. Even though I mainly looked at S2000's and Solstice's when creating it.

Oh, I used Autodesk Maya. I did the wheels before I did the car. They weren't too difficult, although it's hard to explain how to do them. Hehe.

Yes, it does seem to have Miata and Viper influence. Even though I mainly looked at S2000's and Solstice's when creating it.

Can you try? I kinda half assed the wheels on my car because I couldn't figure out how to do them properly..always wanted to make a good set.

Also, try rendering it with Mental Ray, I'm assuming you used Maya software. metal Ray makes it look so much more sexy.

As a Miata owner, all I can say is...wow.

Here is my idea of a perfect three car garage...my Miata...your S2000...and a Factory Five Cobra replica.

Just tell me that in the perect fantasy world where they actually build your rendering that I can get it in some other blue color than that lame light metallic blue that Honda painted the S2k.

Honda really, really should build this (lust)

Chris

I got the name wrong, they call it the "High X-Bone Frame". It was a convertible/roadster frame Honda developed solely for the S2000. Read about it here.

Can you try? I kinda half assed the wheels on my car because I couldn't figure out how to do them properly..always wanted to make a good set.

Also, try rendering it with Mental Ray, I'm assuming you used Maya software. metal Ray makes it look so much more sexy.

Well, I used Pipes for the tire and outer wheel, and a cylinder for the inner wheel. Then I modeled a sort of detailed spoke, moved the center point to the center of the wheel, and duplicated it around in degrees. I then used cylinders to cut holes for the lug nuts. It may be easiest to show you. Here is the Maya file. If you have a version older than '09, you can try going to the options for open, and selecting Ignore Version. Here is a jpg closeup of the wheel.

I'll give mental ray a shot. I haven't really used it much.

Now render the interior.

I love the details of the wheels.

Hehe. The interior isn't really done (neither is the back end). I was on a tight schedule. ;-]

The jpeg worked but clicking the maya file gives me a page that says "file not found"

I know a few thing about mental ray, so I can try helping with that if you're interested.

Must be something to do with my server and not recognizing the .mb file. Here is a zip version.

Awesome Job! :metal:

Didn't Honda Cancel the S2000 so this was the last year for it? I thought I heard that some where. Gonna have to ask one of my ex-coworkers as he has an s2000 in black. Currently in the shop as he was drifting it and ended up hitting a curb, bent the rear frame and axel area. :P

Silly Ricer drifter wannabe.

Anyway, Again, very nice job. :D