A little bit of this and a little bit of that... 2nd Updated...

I have not been around as much as I would like as of late, I have been busy. Working on landscaping the house with my son. We decided to do-it-ourselfs and got two new cars instead. We will end up saving a ton of money and a few hardware and landscaping centers have been very helpful to us. Anyways the project is wrapping up slowly. I have a few car things to take care off the 2001 was in a fender bender and needs a new front right head light and assembly along with some paint. I think I will go junkyard'n for it and go the spray paint route, (its not real bad). Also the Torrent has to go in to fix my rear wiper motor which died. :confused0071: For some reason... Never was right from the start... Anyways the Torrent also is due for a big suprise this Monday! I will post photos of the finished product! So busy I have been. And it will stay like that. Family vacation is in early August as well. I hope also to get some photos up of the LS with the new flaps. Anyways that is why I haven't been around much and that is whats up with me as of late. If you can guess the suprise the Torrent gets I will confirm it! Hint my wife is thrilled about it, and frankly so am I. Hope everyone is doing well!

The link to see the tint is here...

The Tint is In!

Edited by gm4life

I have not been around as much as I would like as of late, I have been busy. Working on landscaping the house with my son. We decided to do-it-ourselfs and got two new cars instead. We will end up saving a ton of money and a few hardware and landscaping centers have been very helpful to us. Anyways the project is wrapping up slowly. I have a few car things to take care off the 2001 was in a fender bender and needs a new front right head light and assembly along with some paint. I think I will go junkyard'n for it and go the spray paint route, (its not real bad). Also the Torrent has to go in to fix my rear wiper motor which died. :confused0071: For some reason... Never was right from the start... Anyways the Torrent also is due for a big suprise this Monday! I will post photos of the finished product! So busy I have been. And it will stay like that. Family vacation is in early August as well. I hope also to get some photos up of the LS with the new flaps. Anyways that is why I haven't been around much and that is whats up with me as of late. If you can guess the suprise the Torrent gets I will confirm it! Hint my wife is thrilled about it, and frankly so am I. Hope everyone is doing well!

You sound very busy ...

Let me know how that works out. I've been wanting to get the rear doors and rear window of my wife's Pontiac G6 Sedan tinted. There's a very reputable shop not far from me that does all kinds of tinting (cars, houses, boats, businesses, etc) and I know people that had their windows done and are very happy (last summer they sent me a price quote of $185 for the job).

Let me know how that works out. I've been wanting to get the rear doors and rear window of my wife's Pontiac G6 Sedan tinted. There's a very reputable shop not far from me that does all kinds of tinting (cars, houses, boats, businesses, etc) and I know people that had their windows done and are very happy (last summer they sent me a price quote of $185 for the job).

Thanks, well my quote for a the factory style tint is $185 with a lifetime replacement deal as well. So I hope it turns out well, this shop is the same as the one close to you. The other "good" place in town wanted $231! The Impala got a new head light from the scrap yard off a 2000 Impala and with the low beam bulb out of the cracked one it was working again. I got the spray paint even so it will be ready to be painted over the weekend. So the '01 will be all better soon. I think the tint with the dark color and chrome wheels would look great!

Yes it helps my sanity to be productive, indeed... And my son has been keeping on top of the cars.

Thanks, well my quote for a the factory style tint is $185 with a lifetime replacement deal as well. So I hope it turns out well, this shop is the same as the one close to you. The other "good" place in town wanted $231! The Impala got a new head light from the scrap yard off a 2000 Impala and with the low beam bulb out of the cracked one it was working again. I got the spray paint even so it will be ready to be painted over the weekend. So the '01 will be all better soon. I think the tint with the dark color and chrome wheels would look great!

Yes it helps my sanity to be productive, indeed... And my son has been keeping on top of the cars.

Hmmm..something to tow?

Nope... Speaking of which I got towed1 I had a small treat this morning the Torrent would not start. I then tried to get the key out of the ignition and couldn't. A tow truck was sent by GM to jump it, and that still didn't work. An hour later he decided to tow it to the closest GM dealer which, isn't mine of course. He also had to release something under the hood so we could roll it out the garage in neutral. I will find more out this afternoon, thank God for my warrenty. Just not a good start to the day. So the tint will happen in two days, I hope...

If possible, take "before" and "after" pictures of the Torrent from teh same angle for a comparison. How dark of a tint (%) are you going with?? I need to find out how much this will cost again (to see if they lowered their price :P ) and when I could get it done for teh wife's G6. It would definitely make the car cooler this summer (temperature-wise, that is).