The Spoils

Finally got all of the parts I got from All You Can Carry Day (this past Halloween) out and lined up. Here they be:

interiorparts.jpg

miscparts.jpg

I'm two door panels and a speaker grill short of a complete taupe interior. Nice thing is that the center console has the second AUX power port which I plan to hook up. So much better than the hard to get to one next to the ash tray. I' got a newer style auto dimming mirror, the AutoStick shifter mechanism, a clock, and an OTIC or whatever we seem to call them. I'm calling them that because that's what the manual calls them but I digress.

I'm kinda disappointed with the interior color. I thought taupe would be closer to tan than gray. It isn't. Yes I know earlier Intrepids had tan interiors but they looked nasty, more yellow than tan.

I'm still planning to use them, but I'm considering finding interior paint and painting all of the panels creme s I can get the color scheme I really want:

eurp_0902_02_z%202009_volkswagen_cc%20in

I just don't know how durable paint is. Although I noticed that Chrysler just painted taupe over the Dark Slate shifter bezel...so maybe it would work.

Anyway, I need at least two door panels to complete my interior, although the passenger front panel I got has a small tear in it...so I may need 3. If nothing else I can use it to test.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of repainting all of the panels to a creme color.

The hardest part besides finding a color I like from paint that is durable will be painting/dying the upper door panels to match the Dark Slate of my dash.

This will be my winter project. :D

Since I have the day off tomorrow I'll start by cleaning the panels up and and swapping mirrors. Also need to clean the Prizm out.