Rainier, Rendezvous, and Lucerne Owners..

deanh8

Anyone with a Rainier, Rendezvous, or Lucerne can you measure the navigation/radio unit?

Im trying to see if I can get it to fit in my regal easier. I wonder how hard it would be to wire it up.

I think the Rainier looks like the best fit, but I need to know how big it is.

Stock Radio..

Posted Image

Buick Rainier...

Posted Image

Buick Rendezvous...

Posted Image

Buick Lucerne...

Posted Image

Edited by deanh8

The units in the Rendezvous and Rainier are actually the same size and wiring wise, those are just two different versions you have pictured there--the Rendezvous one older and the Rainier's newer--so the faces are organized a little different.

So, either one from the Rendezvous or Rainier *should* fit, but the wiring might take a little figuring out.

Edited by caddycruiser

One thing I learned is that the Buick Delco unit in your Regal will fit the Olds Delco slot in my Aurora (since I have one). Works perfectly and mounts perfectly, but the trim bezel doesn't fit exactly because the Buick Delco has more 'meat' around it than my stock Olds unit.

Consider that issue, too.

One thing I learned is that the Buick Delco unit in your Regal will fit the Olds Delco slot in my Aurora (since I have one). Works perfectly and mounts perfectly, but the trim bezel doesn't fit exactly because the Buick Delco has more 'meat' around it than my stock Olds unit.

Consider that issue, too.

I could always make it fit, even if its a little too big you can cut the hole out a little.

I just wonder how wiring and stuff would go. I would also like to find out which one has the closest size to the stock regal radio so I can do less cutting if needed.

I could always make it fit, even if its a little too big you can cut the hole out a little.

I just wonder how wiring and stuff would go.  I would also like to find out which one has the closest size to the stock regal radio so I can do less cutting if needed.

Dean, I know you're a member of Car domain too, my brother found your car on that before you were even a member here. I am the Cheers and Gears guy, he is the Car Domain guy. In other words, I like the stock stuff and he likes the modified stuff (even though I love your Regal)... but my point in saying this stuff...

Don't you think you'd have a better chance asking the modifiers of those vehicles on car domain? It's just I think most everybody on here doesn't focus on modified stuff as most other forums... thats just my suggestion though.

Dean, I know you're a member of Car domain too, my brother found your car on that before you were even a member here. I am the Cheers and Gears guy, he is the Car Domain guy. In other words, I like the stock stuff and he likes the modified stuff (even though I love your Regal)... but my point in saying this stuff...

Don't you think you'd have a better chance asking the modifiers of those vehicles on car domain? It's just I think most everybody on here doesn't focus on modified stuff as most other forums... thats just my suggestion though.

Wow, Thanks. I never even thought about that. I forgot all about cardomain. B)