Pittsburgh Post Gazette Review of Lucerne

Cananopie

Wheels: Lucerne should broaden Buick's appeal to younger set

Thursday, February 02, 2006

By Don Hammonds, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Growing up in the 1950s, one of my favorite memories was an olive green 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible that my next-door neighbor proudly drove around town.

That car had that indefinable something called presence. You couldn't take your eyes off of it and there was a certain air of romance about it as it headed down the road.

Buick always stood for just that -- presence, glamour and the romance of the American road. And thanks to Buick's newest full size sedan, the Lucerne, General Motors' upper-end car division has recaptured that past.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06033/648245.stm

Chalk another one up for the Lucerne over the Avalon! It's good to see people turning their heads over this vehicle! He even says the ride is better than the ES series!

Edited by Cananopie

I saw my first Lucerne on the road today and I was really impressed. It was a white CXS with the chrome wheels and tan leather. I have a feeling this car is going to do really well. Later in the day I saw a second Lucerne! When the Lacrosse came out, I didn't see one on the road for months. I think this is a good sign.