Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Dealership Signs

Was on auto row today and noticed that the Pontiac sign on my local dealer's building here north of LA has been covered up. The GM pylon sign out front still has "Pontiac" but will likely be replaced by "Cadillac" as the dealer has replaced his Cadillac-only store with Volkswagen(!) and has moved Cadillac in with Buick/GMC. Interestingly, the HUMMER sign at the same Buick/GMC dealership has not been covered up/removed yet despite the lack of new inventory. The Saturn dealer down the street still has his sign up but no new inventory.

What's going on in your town?

Since May 31st is Pontiac's official last day in existence, I'm going to assume that all Pontiac dealership signage will begin to be removed around that time. Hummer still has inventory out there, and until it all sells I'm thinking the signage will remain up. Most of the Saturn dealerships I've passed by in southern New Jersey have been occupied by other franchises, so the Saturn signs have long been removed. I'm going to the Pontiac dealership where my wife bought her G6 tonight for a service visit, so I'll check to see if their Pontiac signage is still in place or covered up (they haven't had a new Pontiac in inventory since the beginning of January). The BPG dealership I bought the Envoy from still had all their Pontiac signs in place last week.