Are GM Card Earnings Redeemable for lease?

rivieraranch

I've heard that they certainly are. They reduce the up front cap cost. I'm not too up on leasing verbiage since I tend to buy.

I currently have $ 2,222 on my card as of the last bill and, over the weekend, I got a deal sweetener to $ 3,000. I figure that those deal sweeteners will come around every 6 months or so as they have in the past.

Are you thinking of leasing a Lucerne? I am beginning to see them around and their lines are quite attractive.

Leasing a Lucerne is one of my options at this point. It strikes me that a better use of the GM card earnings is to help with the down payment (if that is possible) and some of the initial payments; using them against cap cost could water them down.

What the H. is a deal sweetener? Equal is the only sweetener I know.

Leasing a Lucerne is one of my options at this point. It strikes me that a better use of the GM card earnings is to help with the down payment (if that is possible) and some of the initial payments; using them against cap cost could water them down.

I specifically lease my cars and I specifically choose GM vehicles because of the GM bonus points..

1998, 2000, 2002, 2005 all years I've leased using the gm CREDIT CARD POINTS!

Go for it. It doesn't matter to the dealer if you buy or lease..Bonus points are a go!

Ha ha. Either that or Splenda.

It's a tacked on bonus for enticement. Like bumping me from $2,222 to $3,000 when, per the formula, I'm only entitled to $2,222...on the cars I'm looking for. I think another one will come around in 6 to 9 months.

Ha ha.  Either that or Splenda.

It's a tacked on bonus for enticement.  Like bumping me from $2,222 to $3,000 when, per the formula, I'm only entitled to $2,222...on the cars I'm looking for.  I think another one will come around in 6 to 9 months.

What are you going to buy, Bob, a G.P? You should look into a base Lucerne.

What are you going to buy, Bob, a G.P? You should look into a base Lucerne.

I think the Lucerne is a WONDERFUL car. Good going, Buick!

It's a little bigger than I like to pilot around. I will probably go GP first, especially if they de-demonize the front a little bit, but I will also consider the LaCrosse CX, since I do think a grille adjustment is coming down the pike. I'm going for the basic $ 23,000 sled.

The nice thing about a Buick product is the 4 year warranty to Pontiac's 3 year warranty. Oh, to your comment about white -- it's fine if it's no cost and certainly, in Florida, it's a nice color to have...I've been in your area on several occasions in August and white exterior/gray interior helps mitigate the intensity of the So. Fla. summer.

I think the Lucerne is a WONDERFUL car.  Good going, Buick! 

It's a little bigger than I like to pilot around.  I will probably go GP first, especially if they de-demonize the front a little bit, but I will also consider the LaCrosse CX, since I do think a grille adjustment is coming down the pike.  I'm going for the basic $ 23,000 sled.

The nice thing about a Buick product is the 4 year warranty to Pontiac's 3 year warranty.  Oh, to your comment about white -- it's fine if it's no cost and certainly, in Florida, it's a nice color to have...I've been in your area on several occasions in August and white exterior/gray interior helps mitigate the intensity of the So. Fla. summer.

You were down here and didn't look us up! Shame on you. Seriously, everybody drives what they like and if somebody wants a white car, be my guest, but personally I do not like them. I like the lighter metallics because they are forgiving about not showing every chip or mark on the finish and they hide dirt. A white car that is not washed begins to show trails of dirt and grime. White with a gray interior is a typical government car color combination.

Why don't you look into a Lacrosse CXL nearly new, demo that somebody else has taken the hit on depreciation. If you read the comments on the Edmunds site, EVERYBODY complains about the fuel economy of the CXS with the 3.6.

You were down here and didn't look us up! Shame on you. Seriously, everybody drives what they like and if somebody wants a white car, be my guest, but personally I do not like them. I like the lighter metallics because they are forgiving about not showing every chip or mark on the finish and they hide dirt. A white car that is not washed begins to show trails of dirt and grime. White with a gray interior is a typical government car color combination.

Riv, the last time I was down there (beyond just a change of planes) was April 2003 - the Augusts I have spent there were in the mid 1990s. I'm due for another trip.

At any rate, your white with gray comments extends to rentals as well. The nicest color for the LaCrosse COULD be the Glacier Blue Metallic, except it has no depth. It is, as you said in a post a while back, anemic. Good choice of words. Every car I have ever owned has been light metallic blue except for my current vehicle which is silver.

One reason I won't do the CXL is because of the leather interior. Shorts + 100 degrees + leather = yikes! Funny, though, that the Allure CXL sold to our neighbors to the north is outfitted in cloth. (Where's that damn Canadian icon when you need it?)