Sky pics from the Chicago Auto Show

Thanks for posting these pictures, gmhashope. The blue was the color I originally wanted, but it looks a little darker than what I like - almost black from a distance, even in the sun light. Great color though.

The fifth picture down has something I want for my garage - the huge S-K-Y letters just barely visible at the top of the pic. Maybe if this display is used at the NYIAS, maybe I can steal them :P

Thanks for posting these pictures, gmhashope.  The blue was the color I originally wanted, but it looks a little darker than what I like - almost black from a distance, even in the sun light.  Great color though.

The fifth picture down has something I want for my garage - the huge S-K-Y letters just barely visible at the top of the pic.  Maybe if this display is used at the NYIAS, maybe I can steal them :P

I think the blue is by far my favorite color. I think I like it because it's close to black but still blue.

The SKY letters are pretty neat. Good luck at stealing them though. :lol:

I hate the fact that this car is coming.

I hate Saturn too for the most part but I love the Sky. Why the unlove for the Sky Balthy?

He probably hates the fact that it will only dilute the market impact of the Solstice and is somewhat dismayed to see (at least informally here at C&G) that the majority of opinion favors the Sky over the Solstice, even tho the Sky's stylistic differences are much more homogenized with the mainstream than it's much more unique cousin's.

He probably hates the fact that it will only dilute the market impact of the Solstice and is somewhat dismayed to see (at least informally here at C&G) that the majority of opinion favors the Sky over the Solstice, even tho the Sky's stylistic differences are much more homogenized with the mainstream than it's much more unique cousin's.

I don't think it will dilute the Solstice market, especially since Pontiac will get more of the production run. I think it will add to GM's portfolio, allowing people to choose which one will fit them best. Not everyone will want to buy car A, some will want car B, and others will want car C. That's why we have choices. At the SKY's display at the Philly Auto Show, there were a handful of people that prefered the Solstice over the SKY and many others that liked the SKY over the Solstice. While I liked the Solstice from the beginning (concept), the SKY meets my design tatstes better. If not for the SKY, I wouldn't be buying a Solstice.

Do you also hate the Malibu, 9-3, and Aura because they take away from the G6 sales? I know many people that don't like the Solstice and think it has bug eyes and wouldn't consider buying it, but love the Sky and want one. I also know people that don't like the Sky wouldn't buy it, but love the Solstice. It gives the buyer some options so they don't just see one and not like and then go and buy a Miata or something else, they can look at the other brand.