Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

got send home early today!!

which is a better engine and has more aftermarket componets?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. which is a better engine and has more aftermarket componets?

• Chevy 350
    • Ford 351

Well I got in to a huge argument that lead into me chucking a metric Cresent** wrench at the person. He started by saying that how much that chevy's suck (he is a ford guy so ill give him some credit). Then I get envoled and say Chevy makes some of the best cars and he says no Ford makes by far the best truck in the world. I said No they dont! It goes on and on. We start yelling at each other by now about the 350 vs 351. I made my argument about aftermarkets, Camaro's, and trucks. His base was that its faster and stronger and has way more displacement. Then we go into aftermarket. by this point Ryan a fellow buddy is holding me down while pat is holding down Patrick the guy I was arguing against. I start to leave and he made one comment and I grabed the cresent wrench out of my pocket and throw it at his chest (it only expands to one inch so it didnt even hurt him)

Only problem is if Patrick pulls the nationality card im Effed so far up my ass. He is Braizilian.(sp)

So I left and took an early lunch and got called into the office and was sent home. Ill find my situation tomarrow.

** Its a inside joke I told this Patrick guy once to get me a metric cresent wrench and he was looking for it for 15 minutes untill i hear You M***ER F****NG A***OLE. I was suprised he fell for it too. He is knowledegable in tools and mechanics.

I took it way to far today but i was pissed about somthhing.

Any similar stories out there? or opinions on what will happen to me?

"Chevy 350 was the most dynamic small block engine ever built"

-Some smart guy on tv who knows alot about engines, i think it was on the history channel.

funny story that is. .....i hate having to argue with kids who know absolutely nothing at school...its always me for chevy and doge versus ford...lol.... i just start getting into big details, (displacement, waht rpm it takes to make hp, bla bla bla) and they usually shut up!!! O and when ever im arguing i am so close to throwing soemthign at em! lol.

Edited by Charger4U

Chevy 350 because...well...this is a GM site and we are GM fans.

This was a great engine...however, if I recall, there was a window of time in which both the 305 and 350 Chevy small blocks had weird premature camshaft failures. I think they resolved it but I think I have harbored that.

As far as small block GM V-8s, our family has really only owned Oldsmobile Rocket V8s (350 and also the 260). I grew up thinking that the Olds 350 was even more bullet-proof than the Chevy 350. Am I right? Am I Wrong? How do these two differ? (And then, to top it off, Pontiac and Buick had their own renditions of the 350? What was up with that?)

All right, lets see where I can start with this one. Chevrolet, with the small-block architecture that was used in the 350cid engine made a powerplant that was a) adaptable b) dependable c) modify-able d) powerful e) long-lived-able f) cheap parts to modify it HIGHLY findable. And most importantly, it is the one single engine that you can spend only about a grand on and make a powerful little booger with. Try doing that to a Ford 302 or 351, much less a DCX 318 or 360.

You are not going to be changing anyones mind by arguing which manufacturer is the best. What you are going to find here is 99.9% of the people will vote on the Chevy 350 and 0.01% will vote on the 351. If you put this poll on a ford site, you will see reverse results. Arguing over and matter like this is silly. Smiling and nodding with a $h! eating grin will agitate your opponent more than the arguement will. Throwing things is also another bad habit as you may know. It's always break time if you get to the point of losing your cool. As for your job, it is possible you can lose it over a who's better arguement and completely not worth it. More than likely, they may put you on probation and recommend anger management classes and they will expect you and Patrick to make up and have no further issues. This may be a time to focus on Chevy better than Honda and Ford better than Toyota debates, which I am sure he will go along with it. Chevy and Ford (and Chrysler, maybe) fans need to unite for the cause of domestics. The Chevy vs. Ford debate can resume after the foreign manufacturers are beaten down where they belong. Good luck with work tomorrow.

His base was that its faster and stronger and has way more displacement.

Ummmm... ONE cubic inch, in other words 1/62 of a liter is "way more displacement?" maybe in 1:100 Airplane model engines. :rolleyes:

It does not matter this is a GM site, the truth is the Chevy 350 beats the F*** out of any and every engine ever made for HP/$, durability, ease of maintenance & versatility.

It's used in sports cars, pickup trucks, Boats, RVs, Hot Rods, race cars, monster trucks, vans, dune-buggys, limousines, school buses, exotic sports cars, motorcycles, Jeeps, Cadillacs, tow trucks & even a few weird aircraft.

Except for the VW pancake-4, no engine even comes close to being as wide spread and globaly famous. The VW flat four has nothing on the 350 in terms of power/$ though.

Well nothing was said except there was a diecast Ford 351 engine in my toolbox. and Patrick didnt show today.

But my point is that any SB V8 in the world is no match for the 350.

& every 1927 T-bucket

& every 1932 Highboy roadster

& every 1933 5-window coupe

& every 1934 Vicky

& every 1935 Willy's coupe

& every 1937 Tudor...

But they have valve covers with Ford logos on them so you're not supposed to know that! So what if the distributor's on the wrong end and the two middle exhaust ports on the headers happen to be siamesed; read the f@#king valve covers! It's a Ford all the way! :duh: