Strange occurances

I don't know how many have ever had this happen before or what it is even called, but a few minutes ago I was reading our local newspaper and it has a section called "Peekin' in the Past" where they print headlines from 20, 50, and 75 years ago. Anyway, one of the stories from March 12, 1986 read:

"Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," a 75-minute musical, will grace the stage beginning Saturday at St. Mary's Parish Hall.

That's not the weird part. A few minutes later I went back to checking out C&G and discovered this post by Flybrian on the Hyundai Azera:

The interior simply looks functions poorly. I don't care how low-gloss everything else, the technicolor dreamcoat of color schemes is very irritating and cheap and the ergos suck in traditional Korean fashion.

I was shocked to see the same description only two minutes later, even though I had never heard it used before in my life.

A similar thing happened to me over a year ago. I was at a family get-together for Thanksgiving when somehow my cousin and I got on this discussion of zeppelins. He said "You know that other name for zeppelin is dirigible, right?" I said "Dirigiwhat?" and he wrote it down for me how it was spelled. Then he walked off to refill his cup and I was flipping through channels and stopped at the Discovery Channel. To my suprise, they were doing one of those on-the-hour promotions for "Modern Marvels: Dirigibles."

It was the FIRST time in my life I had ever heard that word used, and yet there it was only minutes after my cousin told me about it. What are the odds?

Now that I think about it, I also remember being in a music store a few years ago and I was checking out song titles on the back of an album. Minutes later, a song by a different artist came on over the loudspeakers with the same lyrics as the song title I just read.

Is there a name for this phenomenon?

" the connecting principle, utterly invincible, almost imperceptible: synchronicity"

I mentioned XP today to my G/F and within about 0.75 seconds a white "Egg" pulled inot the parking lot where we were awaitng our Broker. Creepy. :P

yeah one was bad though. I said to my buddy in the car "I havent seen a hood fly up on a car ever in my life....... watch someone we know will tell us a crazy story about a hood flying up" 5 minutes later Matt, the guy we where following, the Hood on his 99' Ram flew up, cracked the top of the windshield and wedge it self in one of those "flowgates" he had.

It was speachless that whole night.