Wish for more activity

I try to post when I see something GM-related that I think the masses here would enjoy. Olds Guy was the life of this forum with a lot of diecast collectibles (Green Light, HW, MBX, Johnny Lightning, etc), but he hasn't posted in a while. I don't think to many members care about this forum, nor collecting in general ---> just my :2cents: anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, when I lost my web hsoting on Yahoo, I kind of dropped off a lot of posting.

That said, for 2011 Hot Wheels has 3 GM so far announced...

'69 COPO Vette

'11 Camaro (racecar)

'70 GTO Judge Coupe

I think new releases of diecast are slowing down in general too though. With the exception of the HW/MB stuff, not too much new Ive heard about.

Welcome back, Olds Guy!! You know I'm glad to see you posting again.

Thanks for the update on the 2011 HWs. I bought my first one the other day - the green '72 Ford Gran Torino. I'll be on the lookout for others.

How about the 2010 Matchbox releases: Holden Ute, Cadillac CTS Wagon (any others I'm missing)? I have yet to see them on store shevles. Any GM 2010 HWs I'm leaving out too?

I now work P/T for my local Toys R Us. They get new shipments of toys on Wednesdays, so when I go in tomorrow I will check to see if they got in any cases of MBX or HWs cars. The main reason for this job is the extra pay & employee discount for Christmas shopping, the secondary reason is to get my hands on some unopened cases of MBX & HWs cars :P

I picked up the HW '69 Corvette recently..it's done as a vintage race car...

I also recently got the latest round of M2 Detroit Muscle, besides the usual Mopies, it has some nice GM models--a pale blue w/ white top '70 Chevelle SS, orange '69 GTO Judge (w/ exposed headlights), and a red '70 Olds 442 2dr sedan w/ dog dish hubcaps and a bench seat.

I noticed the new ones you've posted, Olds Guy ... I like that '71 Vista Cruiser.

Course, I love what you sent me:

HW_JL_4thGenMCs.jpg

Thank you again!!!

*grins*

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Love is a stranger avoiding me" ... Richard Marx ... 'Chains Around My Heart'

With me it is a life style thing...I want to be like knightfan, and travel places....and I want to autocross...

I'm trying to live very simply to achieve other goals. But I admire your collections, guys.

• 3 weeks later...

With me it is a life style thing...I want to be like knightfan, and travel places...

*grins* I love traveling. I "fear" the day when I can no longer travel....lol.

Course ... I wish I had a significant other to share life with, but that ain't gonna happen ... way too late for that.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* 06/2011.RT=us66+NW USA*

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"My world is changing" ... Faith Hill ... 'Where Are You Christmas?'

*grins* I love traveling. I "fear" the day when I can no longer travel....lol.

Course ... I wish I had a significant other to share life with, but that ain't gonna happen ... way too late for that.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* 06/2011.RT=us66+NW USA*

"My world is changing" ... Faith Hill ... 'Where Are You Christmas?'

Now I have to ask... why is it "way too late for that"??? You never know when destiny will intervene and you'll meet your significant other. Time is a funny thing...

• 3 weeks later...

Now I have to ask... why is it "way too late for that"??? You never know when destiny will intervene and you'll meet your significant other. Time is a funny thing...

Yep ... I'm well aware. Still ... just the feeling I have.

Plus ... I'm noticing more and more that I can't keep up with my 2-year-old nephew. The nights he was here for dinner this past week ... I was so exhausted when they left that I didn't do much of anything and went to bed early. The nights he wasn't here at dinner time ... I tended to have more energy later.

Very frustrating for me ... because I love "nephew time" ... and I've wanted kids of my own ... but kinda learning that maybe I wouldn't be such a great Dad after all....

*shrugs*

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |

** RadioShow.CDshowcase.HOLIDAY | Friday | 12.24.2010 | noon-4p.CENTRAL = www.WRMN1410.com **

"The children want to know why we hung the mistletoe" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'It's Christmas'