another great Solstice review

bdc

‘That’s a Pontiac?” asks a flabbergasted onlooker at a rest stop at the foot of Multnomah Falls. “How does it drive?”

It's awesome, truth be told.

That conclusion isn’t caused by altitude sickness from traversing the Cascade Mountains. Our heads are clear, but hearts have stopped – GM has done it. This time, no excuses are necessary: The Solstice is a spectacular effort.

In fact, the biggest complaint may be that the Solstice should be sold by the same division as the Equinox, a cross/utility vehicle marketed by Chevrolet.

The Solstice is fun, good-looking and inexpensive.

Can't tell you how good it feels to hear "no excuses" being applied to a GM car. It's GM's first no compromises car. They spent all the money, sweated every single detail, and have finally attained a quantifiable 10.

Can't tell you how good it feels to hear "no excuses" being applied to a GM car. It's GM's first no compromises car. They spent all the money, sweated every single detail, and have finally attained a quantifiable 10.

And what's so revolutionary is that the Solstice wasn't a high dollar program.

Great job GM!!! I think the Solstice will really change perceptions about Pontiac and I think this sort of thinking and planning should be applied to GM as a whole.

Why not sell it at Chevrolet? Just shoe horn in a V8, change the boby into a traditional coupe and throw on some heritage meets modern styling.

(I know, it's not that simple... But I can wish)

And what's so revolutionary is that the Solstice wasn't a high dollar program.

Great job GM!!! I think the Solstice will really change perceptions about Pontiac and I think this sort of thinking and planning should be applied to GM as a whole.

Why not sell it at Chevrolet? Just shoe horn in a V8, change the boby into a traditional coupe and throw on some heritage meets modern styling.

(I know, it's not that simple... But I can wish)

[post="8491"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly FOG!! Lutz said Solstice cost roughly 260 mil, and he alluded to a large ad costing nearly as much. Now obviously that is an exaggeration, but it's a good analogy. A new car costing $250 mil would set up Saab like no other. You could sell 1 billion dollars worth of advertising for Saab and it would do s%^$ because the people who want the car already know about it. But a NEW car, now that would be something.

Investing in your business. What a novel idea.

Now we have seen 3 of the first Lutz cars the HHR, H3 and Sostice all have seen good or very good reviews form places not know to like GM. I hope these and the models we are about to see soon will keep the Piss and Moan clubers quiet. I know it won't but you can only hope. On a second note a V8 in the Soltice is ok for the after markert, Leave Mallet to become a modern day Shelby.