Cadillac Styling

Your opinion of current Cadillac styling?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion of current Cadillac styling?

• It's all good
    • Vastly improved but has some faults
    • So so
    • Not inspired by it
    • Other (please state)

I was in Las Vegas from Friday PM through Sunday evening. I had a chance to look at a lot of Cadillacs on the road (love the name of that dealer in Vegas -- Cashman Cadillac), mostly CTSs and some STSs.

In general, I think the slab sides are great ,as are the angular lenses and grilles up front. I think, though, that the rear decks and the taillights that have to make the stretch from the bumper up to reach the deck lid are too tall. The whole composition at the rear of the car is too chunky.

To go along with this tallness, I think that, from a test sit, the center stack is also too tall and the general feeling behind the wheel of a CTS and STS is a bit claustrophobic. I'm 5-10 and I like a lower cowl in front of me. Other reviewers have also commented on the tallness (is this a word) of the instrument panel.

Your thoughts?

I didn't find the interiors too claustrophobic, and I think that the styling is pretty good. There could be a bit more detailing in the STS (It's obvious that they pulled back on this one) while the CTS has about one two many lines in it's side profile. I think most of them lose it at the rear: the CTS is, I think, the best (I was one of the few people that liked the grey/transluscent "grille" on the back), but the STS is, I think too watered down. The DTS IMHO really lets down in the back.

While I think the XLR is the best looking one of the bunch, it totally pales next to the EVOQ. I realise that the front and rear bumpers would have never been able to be produced as it was on the concept, but I think it was watered down a little too much.

Of course, I'd buy one in a New York minute if I had the money...