Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

E85- GM Extends Partnership with GEC

Posted Image

General Motors Vice President Ken Cole announces the extension of GM's partnership with the Governors Ethanol Coalition--a bipartisan group of governors devoted to the promotion and increased use of ethanol--to provide several new E85-capable vehicles for use in GEC member states Thursday, March 30, 2006, on the steps of the State Capitol in Austin, Texas. There are 1.5 million GM flexible-fuel vehicles already on the road. GM will add more than 400,000 E85-capable vehicles to the fleet in 2006. Cole also announced E85 ethanol fuel will be offered at approximately 20 Kroger fueling sites in the Houston and Dallas area through collaboration with the retailer and Abengoa Bioenergy. (General Motors/Amber Novak) (United States)

For more information about the GEC...

http://www.ethanol-gec.org/memgov.htm

I want to know when Washington (well, Seattle area) will set up E85 fueling sites?

If you want to find where the nearest E85 fueling location is, look here:

http://www.e85fuel.com/database/search.php

we have the plants making the ethanol near here, and more being built. I don't know if there are any E85 pumps around here or not. I do know a place that sells 91 octane gas that's 15% ethanol. It's actually cheaper than the regular 87 octane stuff, and works just fine.

The House in Washington just passed a mandatory 2% ethanol content for all gasoline sold in the state. It's a start.

The Sierra Club was actually going door to door in my neighborhood proud of this passing because they heavily lobbied for it.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/02/washington_stat.html