Touring Pennsylvania's Wine Country

Hudson

I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I know people who are. My tastes lean toward dessert wines that taste more like candy than proper wine. I do, however, enjoy a good wine tour. Finding local craftspeople who can turn grapes into interesting potent potables, hearing their stories, and drinking their concoctions is a great day out.

In order to share this experience, I wrote a little piece on our latest wine tour. Not many people think of Pennsylvania as wine country (or even HAVING a wine industry), but it exists. Take a few minutes to read the whole article below and post some comments here on your thoughts.

Even if you're not near this region, I'm sure there are wineries near you and you can arrange a similar tour. Pick a designated driver, get a van or minivan and a few of your friends and make a day of it. Part of the fun was the drink...part was running into others touring the same wineries...part was meeting the people who make wines for fun and profit.

http://automotivetraveler.com/jump/3331

I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I know people who are. My tastes lean toward dessert wines that taste more like candy than proper wine. I do, however, enjoy a good wine tour. Finding local craftspeople who can turn grapes into interesting potent potables, hearing their stories, and drinking their concoctions is a great day out.

In order to share this experience, I wrote a little piece on our latest wine tour. Not many people think of Pennsylvania as wine country (or even HAVING a wine industry), but it exists. Take a few minutes to read the whole article below and post some comments here on your thoughts.

Even if you're not near this region, I'm sure there are wineries near you and you can arrange a similar tour. Pick a designated driver, get a van or minivan and a few of your friends and make a day of it. Part of the fun was the drink...part was running into others touring the same wineries...part was meeting the people who make wines for fun and profit.

http://automotivetra...r.com/jump/3331

Cool article. NJ's wine industry is in a similar situation, being overshadowed by NY's vineyards to the north, many people are unaware of it... hard to believe that a little state like NJ can make nearly twice as much wine as PA. Living in South Jersey, you can't throw a rock without hitting someone's taste-testing room. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a wine drinker, either... so I kind of miss out on the fun.

In fact, the wild grapes grow so thick in my yard, I'm thinking of putting in 7-8 acres of vines myself.

After you sober up from your trip, maybe schedule yourself a sequel across the river.