1958 GMC 1/2 ton short box

Link: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2626731520.html (NOTE: no pictures in ad)

1958 GMC 1/2 ton short box - $2100 (611 Wilkes Drive, Middletown, PA 17057)

1958 GMC 1/2 ton short box w/big back window. This truck was originally titled in Bakersfield, CA and has virtually no rust in the cab or fenders. It has been stored in my garage since 2005. It is currently disassembled for restoration. All parts are in very good to excellent condition. The dashboard has not been cut or altered. Includes all glass and chrome grill. Is an excellent project truck. Will pay $100 towards professional shipping.

While my preference leans toward the '55 & '56 GMC pickups, I wouldn't pass up on owning a '58. Is it a coincidence that I will be in the area where this truck is for sale at the end of this week??? :scratchchin:

For reference, here's what a 1958 GMC 100 looks like:

post-418-0-84122600-1317744130.jpg

My neighbor had a truck just like that when I was a teenager...it was in pristine shape.

LOVE that bodystyle truck.

Around here, there is an old GMC like that that has been made into a really cool looking rat rod. usually not that into rat rods, but this one just looks right.

I'll nab a pic if I see it at a car show.

My neighbor had a truck just like that when I was a teenager...it was in pristine shape.

LOVE that bodystyle truck.

Around here, there is an old GMC like that that has been made into a really cool looking rat rod. usually not that into rat rods, but this one just looks right.

I'll nab a pic if I see it at a car show.

Definitely!! Though like you I'm not into the rat rod thing, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to see a classic GMC one way or the other.

I'm hoping this year's AACA show in Hershey has a '55-'59 GMC in the car show... haven't seen one in several years. The one time I see a '58 GMC, and a Suburban Carrier (a'la Cameo Carrier) pickup nonetheless, my camera messes up the roll of film (I think this was in 1999 or 2000). I can't say I've ever seen another '58 GMC Suburban Carrier since.

Cool truck..looking at pics around the web, I've realized that the '58-59 Chevy and GMC must have shared the cab w/ the '55-57..didn't realize that before. Main changes for '58-59 seem to be the fleetside bed, quad headlights and busier grilles..

Cool truck..looking at pics around the web, I've realized that the '58-59 Chevy and GMC must have shared the cab w/ the '55-57..didn't realize that before. Main changes for '58-59 seem to be the fleetside bed, quad headlights and busier grilles..

Exterior changes to the 1958 (and also on the '59 models) included the addition of the metal fleetside bed option (the fiberglass "Suburban Carrier" was still offered at the beginning of the model year), new hood (which also no longer featured the cut-out for the GMC emblem), front fenders with quad headlights, and of course the updated grilles along with new hood and fender emblems. You're pretty much spot on Cubical!