Cheers or Jeers: 56,000 Mile 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Cheers or Jeers: 56,000 Mile 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

1966 Oldsmobile TORONADO FWD Classic.

First year of TORONADO with highly engineered concept car developed for many years prior to the 1966 release date. Found to be too costly to produce. Originally a California car and up to 1978. Last driven some 10+ years ago. Original miles 56,019. An excellent choice for restoration as body sheet metal is in excellent condition, and interior is very clean. Original seats that hardly look as being ever used. Paint is very bad and bumpers need to be re-chromed. Finest candidate I have ever seem for an easy restoration. Dash, door, panels, seats, headliner original and do not need replacing. All emblems seem to be there. Some history included. Previously sold at a classic auction house dealer in Indiana in 1998. Was in an OLDSMOBILE dealer collection until 1978 . Engine has not been run for 10 years. Radiator and condenser previously removed or stolen by someone for scrap. Both are still available new. Huge doors open and close like new. No hinge wear. Wheel, and body trim in excellent condition. Carpet original and in great condition. Stored out of the sun. Drivers door has small dent in body line from careless unloading. After passenger side was sanded I found that right rear quarter had been replaced. No broken glass. Very hard to find one anymore in this condition and with low miles. Engine not frozen from rust. Car is well worth my starting price in this hard to find condition. It is worth the time to do a complete restoration. Has beautiful body lines that are timeless.

Wonderful for an easy restoration to a very handsome classic muscle car. Original 425 ci engine and automatic transmission. I see no leaks from either. Check out Jay Leno Gold 1966 Toronado from his collection. Recommend buyer to view car prior to bidding. I'm sure you'll be pleased. I recently received vehicle as part of an exchange deal and have it priced for hopefully a quick sale and a "find" for someone. Right side sanded and primed to show metal condition because it had severe paint peeling. Small rust hole from leaf and dirt accumulation on flat area near trunk seal top edge. Found some small pin holes behind left rear wheel area from an old damp rag in the trunk. My guess it was there for the past 30 years. That seems to be all the rust holes I can find. Rocker panels are solid as are the floors.

$(KGrHqRHJEME9149LMyJBPpovpTmU!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJB8E-NvkRpJhBPpovrpbsg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!pIE9c2BDUPOBPdM764Tdg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!pEE9lUumVG-BPdM7YUb0!~~60_3.JPG

Just across town from me. Who needs it checked out? ;)