Need advise - tire & rim to sell

When I owned my '07 Saturn SKY, it was involved in an accident in November. The tire and rim were cosmetically damaged and were replaced during the repairs. I kept the original tire & rim and now want to sell them to raise some needed cash. The tire saw 495 miles as of the accident, and very little additional mileage until it was replaced. It has held air with no problems the 6 years its been in storage in my basement.

Here are some recent pictures:

SKY_18in_rim_1.jpg

SKY_18in_rim_2.jpg

SKY_18in_rim_3.jpg

SKY_18in_rim_4.jpg

Honestly, what do you think I could sell the tire & rim for? I was thinking $250, but not sure if that is too high or too low?

I checked eBay and there aren't many single SKY rims for sale, mostly sold in sets brand new condition. The one or two single ones I did find were selling for $350+ each, without a tire. That's why I was thinking $250 with the almost brand new tire. I may go to the tire shop I deal with and see if the owner can shed some light on this for me too.

Well, I've advertised this over at the Saturn SKY Roadster forums and two people were interested. One wants to wait until summer is over to buy it, the other wants me to name my price (I tried the old sales tactic, "What is it worth to you?" question to which he replied, "I don't know what it's worth to me, name your price." :fryingpan: ).

Some people will balk at a tire over 5-6 yrs old, with the recent spate of 'sky-is-falling, tire-is-old' propaganda, so while I personally would disagree; to some the tire is something they would change out rather than drive on.

So do you think $250 is too high?