Subaru News: Subaru Unveils The WRX and WRX STI Special Editions

William Maley

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

October 30, 2012

Subaru has unveiled the WRX and WRX STI Special Editions at SEMA today. Perfect timing since it's Halloween and the vehicles are draped in a custom Tangerine orange paint job.

The paint job is contrasted by a set of black wheels, grille, blades, and exterior mirror caps. There is also a set graphics running along the door sills, signifying if its a STI or WRX.

Inside, the color combo continues with black materials and tangerine stitching on the seats, doors, and shift lever.

If you were expecting any performance tweaks on the Special Editions, you'll be disappointed to hear there is none. The WRX still comes with 265 HP and the STI has 305.

Subaru says there will be 200 WRXs and 100 WRX STIs built and will go on sale sometime in 2013. Pricing hasn't been released.

Source: Subaru

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

2013 SUBARU WRX AND WRX STI SPECIAL EDITIONS DEBUT AT SEMA SHOW

• Subaru launches new “Orange and Black” Special Editions
  • Limited run of just 300 vehicles

Las Vegas, Oct 30, 2012 - Subaru of America, Inc. reveals 2013 Subaru WRX and WRX STI Special Editions at the 2013 SEMA Show. The new models are in keeping with a long tradition of customized Subaru SEMA show cars -- and just in time for Halloween. The Special Edition WRX and WRX STI models feature an “Orange and Black” custom paint scheme, with Tangerine Orange paint off-set with jet black custom wheels, black front fender badging and exterior mirrors. The Special Editions cars also receive black exterior graphics.

The Special Edition line-up is limited to just 200 WRX sedans and 100 WRX STI sedans. For a true custom look, the WRX Special Edition features the dark interior trim from the WRX STI, including a black headliner. The Special Edition orange interior is also applied to the stitching on the seats, doors and shift boot, and custom orange trimmed floor mats. The WRX STI also features front fog lamps.

On sale in spring of 2013, the Special Editions spice-up an already potent line up of AWD sports cars. Featuring Subaru BOXER engines, the WRX and WRX STI models develop 265hp and 305hp respectively. Delivering massive bang for the buck, the 2013 WRX Special Edition produces 244 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,000 rpm and running through its standard Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. The 2013 WRX STI Special Edition delivers a rally-inspired driving experience with its 305-horsepower turbocharged BOXER engine, six-speed manual transmission and exclusive Multi-Mode Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) version of Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. The WRX STI is also equipped with Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE) and a Multi-Mode Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) system, the latter featuring a track performance-optimized mode.

Please contact your local dealer for further information.

View full article

Very Cool, I have to admit that I have always had a special place in my heart for these cars even though I will never own one due to it being non american and way to small to fit me but I will say the pics here are very cool indeed.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-subaru-wrx-and-wrx-sti-special-editions/#photo-5397571/

Rock On Subaru, you keep everyone else on their toes for AWD fun.

Wish GM would have a spicy pocket rocket like this for Chevy. I think it would sell very well.