Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Update

*In case anyone cares :P

DSCN0896.jpg

4 years, 5 months, and 22 days since Saturday, June 28, 2008, my wife's 2008 Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan has now turned 75,000 miles. We found it at the dealer on Thursday, June 26, 2008 with 2 miles on the odometer and then 4 miles at delivery (test drive). Today as I dropped my wife off at her buidling, the car turned 75,002 miles.

It has been a very good car in that time period. Basic maintenace and car washes have been the mantra, with only a couple of issues to deal with. Warranty work included tightening the right rear door hinge screws and replacing a small piece of A-pillar trim that became loose - both two years after taking delivery, and the current transmission cable binding recall (that we suffered with, and required a call to Pontiac Roadside Assistance for a tow to the dealership this past month). Out-of-pocket expenses include me replacing the factory tires - Hankook Optimas - that I was not happy with at 41,674 miles with Michelin Energy Saver A/S tires, had all four brake pads replaced and rotors resurfaced in March of this year, and replaced one taillight bulb last spring and the license plate bulb this past fall. There is one pending warranty issue (GMPP bumper-to-bumper warranty for another ~2 years or 100k miles) involving the left rear door lock mechinism sticking (minor annoyance). Other than that it has been a very reliable and low-cost maintenance daily driver.

The plan is to keep the car at least until summer of 2014. I'm wondering what the update report will look like then? :)

Edited by GMTruckGuy74
  • Agree 1

G6 was a good car that could have used a couple tweaks but overall much better than folks gave credit for.

Hankook Optimos are on my car and i would love to get rid of them. They wear well, but as i am finding out this winter, are not great in wet / snow / slush.

Exactly my sentiments with regards to the Hankook tires. The tire dealer I went to almost refused to sell me new tires! He said there was plenty of life left in them and he'd be doing me wrong by selling me a new set of tires without telling me. I appreciated his honesty but told him the performance of those tires on any surface other than dry was horrible and I could no longer stand it. He understood and so far the Michelin's have performed quite well.