Max, my 2008 Mazda3 S Touring Hatchback

I just signed up and introduced myself in the new members section, so I thought I would introduce my car as well. I purchased it in August of 2009 with 12,200 miles and today it has 55,350. I put a lot of miles on it traveling to college and back home to see my grandma the last two years (a 150 mile round trip). I've added a few modifications to it but have kept it largely stock since it is my only car and has been since I have owned it.

Before the Mazda, I only had GM vehicles. I was intrigued by the sporty appeal and ease of ownership that a Mazda could offer me. And I got a sweet deal on this one as well. Despite the protests of my GM-loving family, I took the plunge and bought me a zoom-zoom. In the three years and 43,000 miles, I have only had one problem: an upper passenger side motor mount that I didn't even notice had failed until about two weeks after the fact. It is a hydraulic unitfamous for being a weak spot in the 3s. It took me about twenty minutes to replace it.

The car has been lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit springs (about a 1.3 inch drop). It also has a MazdaSpeed 3 cat back exhaust from a MazdaSpeed 3 that was totaled in Texas. I have also installed 6000k HID low beams and 5000k fog light HIDS as well. Got the windows tinted 15% all around, put red vinyl accents in the interior and installed a K&N filter (which probably needs to be cleaned by now).

I had the car professionally detailed back on November, so here are a few shots from bringing it home that day. I realize that the interior has a whole lot of red, but I like it. It's different. And, since it is just vinyl, it's easily reversible/removable.

http://minus.com/mYBmSDUS6Wh8Z

i1.minus.com/ibgIAJuAY4d81E.JPG

i6.minus.com/i2rSAB8UjpBhW.JPG

i7.minus.com/ibiC1Jt0UkIfGp.JPG

i2.minus.com/ieLf4BOOv9yTq.JPG

Edited by trtmazda3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dodgefan" data-cid="722123" data-time="1359520953"><p>

Sharp looking 3! I prefer these to the current smiley generation.</p></blockquote>

Lord, me too. I had my choice between a standard 2010 3 sedan and this 2008 3 hatchback. The 2008 had such low mileage and looked so much better, it was an easy decision.

However, I do like the 2012s. They toned the smile on the front down quite a bit. And of course within the next few years the 3 will get a redesign to accommodate the new Mazda corporate face we are seeing now on the CX-5 (which my wife has), CX-9 and 2014 6.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dodgefan" data-cid="722123" data-time="1359520953"><p>

Sharp looking 3! I prefer these to the current smiley generation.</p></blockquote>

Lord, me too. I had my choice between a standard 2010 3 sedan and this 2008 3 hatchback. The 2008 had such low mileage and looked so much better, it was an easy decision.

However, I do like the 2012s. They toned the smile on the front down quite a bit. And of course within the next few years the 3 will get a redesign to accommodate the new Mazda corporate face we are seeing now on the CX-5 (which my wife has), CX-9 and 2014 6.

Yeah the new corporate design language is very nice, the new 6 looks great, and the SkyActive powertrains are impressive as well.

• 2 weeks later...