Obama Administration and EPA Propose a 14% cut in Ethanol Blends

G. David Felt

Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.cheersandgears.com

On Friday November 15th, the Obama administration and the EPA acknowledged that the Bio-Fuel law championed by both parties in 2007 is not meeting expectations and that the US has hit it's limit for now. Against strong lobbing by the Ethanol to resist cuts, the EPA has proposed cutting the amount of fuel in 2014 that must be blended by 14%.

Will this drop corn prices? Increase or decrease refined petrol cost at the pump? Reduce maintenance on auto's? Cost jobs in certain sectors?

Sounds off on how you feel about the Ethanol blends! Give your positive and negative feedback on how you feel about this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/11/15/the-u-s-is-hitting-its-ethanol-limit-so-the-epa-will-weaken-its-biofuels-rules/

http://www.moneynews.com/Economy/EPA-Oil-Industry-Biofuel/2013/11/15/id/536937

http://breakingenergy.com/2012/09/30/biodiesel-producer-urges-epa-to-resist-calls-for-ethanol-mandate/

fine and good but i would prefer my state get rid of the ethanol mandate. Let us choose at the pump if we want ethanol in any of our fuel. I like having E85 as a choice. I do not want E10 and E15 forced down my car's throat.

I agree, but one step at a time. Ideally, the ethanol mandate would be scrapped because ethanol is surprisingly poor as a fuel choice. The fact that all of it seems to come from corn makes it worse. Cutting back on the ethanol mandate is the first step in ideally repealing this bad policy.

fine and good but i would prefer my state get rid of the ethanol mandate. Let us choose at the pump if we want ethanol in any of our fuel. I like having E85 as a choice. I do not want E10 and E15 forced down my car's throat.

I agree especially considering that the auto's run worse on Ethanol blended fuels. All my auto's run rougher when Washington state in October starts having the Ethanol blends being put out. So far the studies do not support the supposed extra cleaning of green house gas since it has ethanol in the blend. The auto's run rough and it is just not impressive.