OMG IT'S TRUCK MONTH!!!

ocnblu

I've been under the influence of a wild thought all week. A black bumper Silverado 4X4 regular cab shortbed in Blue Granite... one option: G80 locking rear end. Modified by me with Cragar Soft 8 black steelies and LT265/70R17C BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires turned black side out. In stock at an area dealership for $27k. :scratchchin:Would it be wicked cool, or no? I'm thinking YES IT WOULD.

Edited by ocnblu

Thanks, yeah. I wish the Colorado page would evolve a bit. I need more info.

Does anyone else have a problem with GM's "build and price" sites? Every one I go to does not respond correctly... they're CRAP. Could it be at my end? I use Firefox.

I'm in the same place as you (wanting to buy soon). I really, really, really would love to own a new 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD Standard Box but the pricing on those trucks is just WOW! :o Between the monthly payment and the gas bill, I don't think I could go too many places :lol: I really want the interior room the Sierra offers but don't need the capabilities of a full-size truck. I'm hoping the new Canyon's interior works out how I want (roominess for my family), as I'm sure the price and fuel efficiency of the K31xx mid-size trucks will work better to my needs.

But... I've been looking around the used market. Lately I've been seeing a lot of Hummer H3Ts riding around and that has piqued my interest in them again. A dealer out your way has a low mileage 2009 Humme H3T Alpha (5.3L V8 baby!) that they recently put up for sale (http://www.keimchevy.net/VehicleDetails/used-2009-HUMMER-H3-H3T_Alpha-Paradise-PA/2197049013). Since the site doesn't have much information, price or pictures, I emailed for that information. Just out of curiousity!! I don't know if I'd really spend my money on a used, older truck vs. a new 2015 Canyon....

UPDATE: after spending some time with my vehicles today (washing) I've come to the realization that while a Hummer H3T would be an awesome truck to own, to me nothing beats a brand new vehicle. I love, love, love being the first owner of a brand new vehicle. Though I'm growing impatient for the Canyon to finally arrive, I'll need to channel some new level of patience until I can see it again next month at the NYIAS.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

There's a white Sierra 2WD shortbed reg cab not too far from here. Base model, but with power windows, positraction, stainless clad wheels, etc. - Truck Month price is $25k. Economical 4.3 motor.

There's a white Sierra 2WD shortbed reg cab not too far from here. Base model, but with power windows, positraction, stainless clad wheels, etc. - Truck Month price is $25k. Economical 4.3 motor.

Nope, do not do it. I know your itching to get a new ride, but wait for the Canyon / Colorado trucks, you will love the Diesel powered trucks more than the full size. :metal:

Nope, do not do it. I know your itching to get a new ride, but wait for the Canyon / Colorado trucks, you will love the Diesel powered trucks more than the full size. :metal:

The only problem is the ocnblu would need a lot more patience and preserverance for the diesel engined Canyon/Colorado, since that won't be out until the 2016 model year (likely sometime in late 2015, a year after the trucks are released for sale). As for me, I feel that the diesel is a trendy item for those that want to have more towing power in the mid-size trucks. I know I'll be more than happy with the gas V6 engine with my new Canyon that as of now I can't see the need to pay the higher amount for the diesel engine option and the more expensive diesel fuel to fill it up with.

It was showing 32 degrees this evening when I started my diesel car. For about 20 seconds, it huffed and puffed and sputtered. A gasoline V6 sounds like such a nice respite at this moment in time.

I was driving around looking at trucks today. That one I posted a link to? I went to see it. Duh, it says right on the link I posted that it is a long wheelbase. Although they did have a nice looking 2WT reg cab shortie 4X4 in Tungsten. But... it was without G80 locker. :/

I am back to looking at this one. If I can buy it at this price with a fair trade-in, I'd be set. What do you think?

http://www.kutztowncars.com/VehicleDetails/new-2014-GMC-Sierra_1500-Regular_Cab_Standard_Box_2_Wheel_Drive-Fleetwood-PA/2165611603

I just realized, I go by this dealership on my way up to the campground, and I've ridden through a few times in years past.

Edited by ocnblu

Nice Truck,

Personally, I feel your just going to throw money away, you will miss the much higher mileage of your bug and you will be right back looking to get something else in 9-12 months taking a major hit on this truck.

I think you should hold off for the Canyon/Colorado twins.

I click the search button on the Ram site and find pages and pages of regular cab 4X4 Express trucks that are relatively affordable and full of kit compared to a pathetic number of bare bones Silverado and Sierra half tons in regular cab shortbed 4X4.

The GM trucks I am finding are all "old man" trucks, with no flair or sportiness whatsoever. In comparison to the Ram Express, the GM trucks are overpriced, underequipped and short on style.

GM needs a low priced sport package to match the Express and STX immediately. And they need to drop their outrageous prices.

I found a '14 Express in Blue Streak at a local dealer today with the key in the driver's door lock, so I jumped in it to try it out. It is a very nice package, with just the right amount of style and features... 5.7L Hemi with 8 speed dial shifter, polished exhaust tips through cut-outs in the bumper, a track-loc rear end, just a knockout, sporty looking rig. Compared to GM's sporty 4X4 regular cab, you have to go with the Z71... and they have an MSRP of $36k with the V6, up to over $40k with the 5.3 and convenience packages. The Ram is at $34k and has everything a man could want.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 1

That's dangerous ground you're walking, Bill! But I'm totally 100% with you in your opinion about GM's sporty truck offerings. To me, GM only cares about the crew cab buying dollars, and anything that is not that customer is treated to the "oh well, we offer a regular cab model so be happy" attitude. With the Ram offerings and the new Ford F150 Tremor model, you'd think GM could move a little bit here and work on some niche truck products that aren't all pie-in-the-sky (i.e. loaded top end models for the 1%-ers). GM trucks have always been available in a variety of trims & packages to make any owner happy... they've lost sight of that the past 10-15 years...

• Agree 1

I've had my eye on this lil number back home in Pittsburgh. I haven't gone to see it yet, but the miles and price and options are just right for me.

http://bit.ly/OSoDgp

i have it on good authority that the scuff on the front bumper would only be about $700 to repair

• Agree 1