Window Tint Laws

Any of you who have been following my blog posts will know that we recently discussed the meaning of tint percentages in terms of VLT and darkness. This is an important topic for consideration not just for aesthetic reasons (i.e., you want your car to have a dark enough tint to look good) but for legal issues as well (you dont want you tints to get you a ticket). In my last post I tried to point out that the legal limit for tint percentages varies from state to state so it is always important for you to check with your local authorities to be sure that your tint falls within the acceptable range. One great way to be sure you are in compliance with state laws is to check websites like TintLaws.com or TintDude.com.

Check out the latest post on window tint legality here: http://www.rvinyl.com/window-tint-legality.html

Tint Laws are a Joke, The police double standard it all the time. Here in Washington State, the WSP (Washington State Patrol) use unmarked cars with all windows including the front heavy tinted except where the lights are that are still clear. So they sit on the HOV on ramps which are hard to see and wait for people to go by and then creep up behind them and once they confirm over the speed limit turn the lights on and BAM, you have a hefty ticket.

They then once the cars hit 100K miles sell these Crown Vic's and Chargers. So now you see a ton of private people and taxis driving these used cop cars. So illegal for us to tint and drive them so you get nailed with a $200+ fine and yet the cops can do it and use it to sneak up and ticket you.

I have filed many complaints about the cops double standard of tinting and it falls on deaf ears as the response is the cops have the right to do what ever is needed to protect society. Just like a communist state at times. The cops and Politicians can do what ever they want as long as they are in control. They are above the law it would seem.

I am 7yrs without a ticket and watch it as WSP and City cops have gone crazy ticketing and causing massive slow traffic rather than protecting by cracking down on criminals. It seems the criminal is better protected while the innocent are prosecuted.

Our legal system is a failure and not what the founding fathers intended.

Yep. It sucks and there certainly isn't much we can do to fight the powers that be although I commend you on your filing of complaints. Just take a look at the rash of YouTube videos coming out lately showing cops blatantly abusing their power. Anyway, I hope the article helps somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...