William Maley

Porsche News: Porsche Announces Cayman GT4

For a number of years, there has been debates of which Porsche is the better one; the 911 or the Cayman. During these debates, the point comes up that Porsche would not make the Cayman as good as it should because of the fear that it would overshadow the 911. Well expect these debates to become more lively and frequent as Porsche has announced the Cayman GT4.

The Cayman GT4 features a number of aerodynamic improvements such as a deep front bumper with three large air dams and a splitter, a large fixed rear wing, and a wide air diffuser. A set of unique alloy wheels help differentiate the GT4 from other Cayman models.

Power comes from the 3.8L flat-six from the 911 Carrera S which produces 385 horsepower. Paired with a six-speed manual, the GT4 can hit 60 MPH in 4.2 seconds and reach a top speed of 183 MPH. Other mechanical changes for the Cayman GT4 include a lowered suspension, larger brakes, and chassis components from the 911.

Porsche will provide more information when the Cayman GT4 debuts at the Geneva Motor Show next month. As for when the Cayman GT4 will go on sale, Porsche says that it will be available July with a starting price of $85,595 (includes a $995 destination charge).

Source: Porsche

P15 0065
Album: Porsche Cayman GT4
7 images
0 comments

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

That car is something else! In my opinion, I'd rather have that than paying even more for a Lamborghini or Ferrari. I really love the Porsche Caymen though. I'd simply install a body kit and be good to go!

Nice car but would take a ZR1 over this any day. At least they have not gone to the Big Mouth Billy Bass nose job of everyone else.

It's a nice ride, but I would really enjoy something refreshing from Porsche. This is a refurbished version of many of their existing models. I know brands have their own particular style, but that doesn't mean they are restricted to just putting some edge on an old car.

I think Porsche did a great job with this model. It looks great, the power is enough for it's price range and I'm sure that it has a great handling too as any other Porsche. The price might be high, but it's a Porsche and they deliver quality and fiability as always. But, in my opinion, the greatest disadvantage of this car is it's main rival, the Corvette Stingray. I can't decide which one looks better, but I think Corvette delivers a lot more things for their requested price than Porsche. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook