MT Drives All The Rams. Yes, The Promaster Too

They had nice things to say about my personal ride: "I then drove a Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie Limited Crew Cab with the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6, rated 240 hp and 420 lb-ft, mated to a ZF eight-speed automatic. That truck pulled an enclosed trailer loaded with 5,800 pounds of rubber mats; in this configuration, the Ram 1500 is rated to tow up to 9,200 pounds. Like my long-term Ram 1500 EcoDiesel that I used to tow a new project car (which you can read about in the long-term Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Verdict review here), this tester had no problem towing a nearly three-ton load."

When your half-ton is capable of hauling 9,200 pounds you're probably doing ok.

I'm actually impressed that Ram made the ProMaster as ugly as they did. It almost takes effort to make something look that ugly. Whew, up to 18,500 miles per oil change interval for the ProMaster with the 3.0 diesel.

'Bong, what intervals does your manual spec? And what do you do?

I have no idea to be honest. I go by the oil life indicator. When it gets down to about 25% oil life left I pull the trigger.

I did my first one at 4,000 km (2,500 miles) to get any shavings and other break-in crap out of the system, and I did my most recent one last week. I've done three changes now, and the truck has about 18,000 km on it (11,000 miles).

Edited by El Kabong

I have no idea to be honest. I go by the oil life indicator. When it gets down to about 25% oil life left I pull the trigger.

I did my first one at 4,000 km (2,500 miles) to get any shavings and other break-in crap out of the system, and I did my most recent one last week. I've done three changes now, and the truck has about 18,000 km on it (11,000 miles).

Yeah I'm pretty sure almost all new cars don't even list a mileage in the owners manual, come to think of it. They just want you do go by the oil life monitor because they take into account short trips, idling, reving hard, etc. I don't know what my manual says either. I just know I use spec above the ratings and I change it before my indiator goes off. I stick to right around 5k miles but that's just out of habit more than anything else.

Have you changed yours yourself yet or has your dealer taken care of them for you? Just curious if it's an easy change or if there was anything tricky about it. They probably have a skid plate that has to be removed. Hopefully they would just put cutouts in the skid plate but they don't always do that.

WTF is up with the PIG Nose Grill? The ProMaster van is still butt ugly, but then it is a van. The new chrome grill is enough to make me :puke:

Just do not get what they hell the stylist was thinking with that grill?  :stupid: