Tesla Model S - Refreshed

ccap41

"On the heels of the rumors we reported yesterdayTesla has officially announced the refreshed Model S sedan, which now features a revised exterior design that includes a new front fascia that’s similar to the one on the Model X crossover. New headlights have also been added to the Model S to give it a family resemblance to the rest of the Teslalineup.

In addition to cosmetic changes, the Tesla Model S also gains the HEPA filtration system from the Model X. according to the automaker, this filter is 100 times more effective than other premium automotive filters, removing all allergens, bacteria, contaminants, and at least 99.97 percent of exhaust pollution. The standard charger on the Model S has also been upgraded from 40 amps to 48 amps for faster charging when connected to higher-amperage charging stations. Two additional interior trim choices, Figure Ash Wood Décor and Dark Ash Wood Décor, have also been added.

Despite rumors of a new 100-kWh battery being part of the refresh for the Model S, Tesla has not revealed whether the sedan will receive a larger battery than the current 90-kWh unit offered. Production of the refreshed Model S starts today at Tesla’s factory in Fremont, Calif. The automaker will continue to add new features and functionality to the Models through over-the-air software updates for free."

Pics at the link. I couldn't post them w/o uploading to photobucket..and I can't do that w/o my phone from work...and I forgot my phone today..

http://www.motortrend.com/news/confirmed-refreshed-tesla-model-s-gets-revised-design-new-features/

Edited by ccap41

We'll at least it lost the complete jelly bean look but then I really do not care for the Tesla 3 look so it is the same for the new Tesla S series. To me the front still looks like it got punched in the nose.

post-12-0-82732200-1460489075_thumb.jpg

Guess we have more competition. Did not realize that Fisker Karma along with Bob Lutz revealed their new Electric car to go into production this year also.

VLF Destino