dfelt

Auto CEO Compensation

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Auto CEO Compensation

CNBC with Reuters has posted CEO compensation for GM, FCA, and FORD for 2015 and clearly also points out GM CEO Barra's compensation jumps 72% to $28 Million for 2016.

2015 Compensation

GM CEO Barra - $7.3 Million on $152.4 Billion in sales, $10.8 EBIT earnings.
FCA CEO Marchionne - $73.6 million 
FORD CEO Field $18.6 million 

Course stock does make up a large percentage of the pay package, but it is interesting to see what they are paid.

Sergio is over compensated by about $70 million.  I think a lot of CEO's in a lot of companies are overpaid.  If you are like a Steve Jobs who is CEO and inventor, then you are worth every dime, because he was developing the product that was making the money.  But for the caretaker of the throne type CEO's that make $25 million then complain that they can't pay workers more than $10 an hour because profits will go down, I think they are full of crap.    That is for all industries, not just auto.

• Upvote 1

^^^^^ +1 as I totally agree with you SMK about Sergio being way over paid. Most really are. They could grow companies so much more if they kept their pay reasonable and actually shared the profit with the employees who would most likely work harder if they know they get a portion of the profit from the company performing well.

Sergio is over compensated by about $70 million.  I think a lot of CEO's in a lot of companies are overpaid.  If you are like a Steve Jobs who is CEO and inventor, then you are worth every dime, because he was developing the product that was making the money.  But for the caretaker of the throne type CEO's that make $25 million then complain that they can't pay workers more than $10 an hour because profits will go down, I think they are full of crap.    That is for all industries, not just auto.

Completely agree. Well stated, sir. 

^^^^^ +1 as I totally agree with you SMK about Sergio being way over paid. Most really are. They could grow companies so much more if they kept their pay reasonable and actually shared the profit with the employees who would most likely work harder if they know they get a portion of the profit from the company performing well.

While I completely agree, we don't know that they aren't getting a form of "profit sharing" for the very good few years they've had. 

Like Walmart. All people see is X dollars/hr. but they never hear about the quarterly bonuses for having a good store with high scores in sales, customer appreciation, shrinkage, etc, etc. . That's for all employees, not just management. The store I worked at was typically between $200-600 and then there were quarters w/o a bonus and then quarters w/ ~$900 bonus. 

While I completely agree, we don't know that they aren't getting a form of "profit sharing" for the very good few years they've had. 

Like Walmart. All people see is X dollars/hr. but they never hear about the quarterly bonuses for having a good store with high scores in sales, customer appreciation, shrinkage, etc, etc. . That's for all employees, not just management. The store I worked at was typically between $200-600 and then there were quarters w/o a bonus and then quarters w/ ~$900 bonus. 

Very True, I just wish more companies would have transparency and show these benefits as it does help recruit better quality employees.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

1. bmerriman
      bmerriman
  • Similar Content

• By dfelt
      Elon Musk Compensation Update
      Seems the board is holding Elon Musk to a compensation plan that is all stock for hitting deliverables and taking the company to a $650 Billion value. First stock options kick in at $100 Billion and then every $50 Billion after that. He is not being paid cash or any other awards especially with the slip in Tesla 3 production.
      12 year vesting period
      Stock grants only based on achieving milestones
      Must stay as CEO or serve at Chairman of the board and Chief product officer. Currently no changes in existing roles.
      Full Story here

• By William Maley
      Diesel is quite popular in Europe partly due to subsidies provided by governments - in this case, a lower tax rate on diesel fuel than gasoline. The thinking at the time was diesel engines burn their fuel more efficiently than gas engines, thus they contribute less to global warming. But as the Volkswagen diesel emission scandal would reveal, diesel vehicles aren't that much cleaner, producing more nitrogen oxide emissions than their gas counterparts. Now, one CEO from a German automaker is saying that maybe it is time to end the subsidies.
      “We should question the logic and purpose of diesel subsidies. The money can be invested more sensibly to promote more environmentally friendly technologies,” said Volkswagen CEO Matthias Müller to German paper Handelsblatt.
      This is quite the surprise as Volkswagen along with other German automakers said diesel still had a future due to new pollution reduction technologies. Also, Volkswagen did very well with the sales of diesel models. But with the dark cloud of the diesel emission scandal, Müller likely sees the writing on the wall and wants to get out ahead.
      Müller went on to say that he was in favor of banning older diesel vehicles from city centers. But he said that newer diesel vehicles should be exempt from the bans as they meet "stricter standards on nitrogen oxide emissions".
      Source: Handelsblatt via New York Times

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Diesel is quite popular in Europe partly due to subsidies provided by governments - in this case, a lower tax rate on diesel fuel than gasoline. The thinking at the time was diesel engines burn their fuel more efficiently than gas engines, thus they contribute less to global warming. But as the Volkswagen diesel emission scandal would reveal, diesel vehicles aren't that much cleaner, producing more nitrogen oxide emissions than their gas counterparts. Now, one CEO from a German automaker is saying that maybe it is time to end the subsidies.
      “We should question the logic and purpose of diesel subsidies. The money can be invested more sensibly to promote more environmentally friendly technologies,” said Volkswagen CEO Matthias Müller to German paper Handelsblatt.
      This is quite the surprise as Volkswagen along with other German automakers said diesel still had a future due to new pollution reduction technologies. Also, Volkswagen did very well with the sales of diesel models. But with the dark cloud of the diesel emission scandal, Müller likely sees the writing on the wall and wants to get out ahead.
      Müller went on to say that he was in favor of banning older diesel vehicles from city centers. But he said that newer diesel vehicles should be exempt from the bans as they meet "stricter standards on nitrogen oxide emissions".
      Source: Handelsblatt via New York Times
    • By William Maley
      Rolls-Royce has made it clear that it plans on introducing electric powertrains to their vehicles in the future once the technology has fully developed and customers want one. But new regulations are forcing their hand.
      Rolls' CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös told Car and Driver that the Phantom will receive the option of an electric powertrain sometime during its lifecycle. The platform that underpins the Phantom and future models have been built with electrification in mind. 
      “We are more regulator driven than consumer driven. We might well see, in the next decade, some Asian markets closing down city centers to combustion engines completely. And then, of course, [electrification] is a must,” said Müller-Ötvös.
      Müller-Ötvös admitted that no one is clamoring for an electric Rolls at this time, but expects that situation to change in the next 10 years or so.
      Source: Car and Driver

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Rolls-Royce has made it clear that it plans on introducing electric powertrains to their vehicles in the future once the technology has fully developed and customers want one. But new regulations are forcing their hand.
      Rolls' CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös told Car and Driver that the Phantom will receive the option of an electric powertrain sometime during its lifecycle. The platform that underpins the Phantom and future models have been built with electrification in mind. 
      “We are more regulator driven than consumer driven. We might well see, in the next decade, some Asian markets closing down city centers to combustion engines completely. And then, of course, [electrification] is a must,” said Müller-Ötvös.
      Müller-Ötvös admitted that no one is clamoring for an electric Rolls at this time, but expects that situation to change in the next 10 years or so.
      Source: Car and Driver
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook