Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

November 2016: Toyota Motor Sales

Toyota Motor Sales Reports November 2016 Sales

• TMS posts best-ever light truck sales for the month
  • Highlander records all-time best-ever sales up almost 67 percent 
  • TCUV and L/Certified by Lexus achieve best-ever annual sales record after only 11 months

TORRANCE, Calif. (December 1, 2016) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported November 2016 sales of 197,645 units, an increase of 4.3 percent from November 2015 on a volume basis. With two more selling days in November 2016 compared than November 2015, sales were down 4.1 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis. 

Toyota Division posted November sales of 168,595 units, up 5.3 percent on a volume basis and down 3.2 on a DSR basis.

“We expect to see the industry set a new sales record for November,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota Division. “All-time best-ever Highlander sales combined with November best-ever RAV4 volume extends the Toyota Division’s 2016 streak of consecutive light truck sales records to 11 months.”

Lexus posted November sales of 29,050 units, down 1 percent on a volume basis and 8.9 percent on a DSR basis. 

"Our luxury utility vehicles continues to lead the way, with best-ever November sales for NX and best-ever November sales for the full LUV line up," said Jeff Bracken, Lexus division group vice president and general manager. "December is always one of our strongest months of the year, and we are poised for a December to Remember as we enter the month with the best light truck availability of the whole year."

November 2016 Highlights  

• Corolla up almost 12 percent, posts sales of 28,262 units; records best-ever November
  • Camry posts November sales of 28,189 units
  • TMS light trucks up 14 percent; a best-ever month
  • Toyota Division SUV up nearly 20 percent
  • Highlander up almost 67 percent; posts all-time best-ever month
  • RAV4 posts sales of 28,116 units, up 2.7 percent; posts best-ever November
  • 4Runner sales were up almost 14 percent
  • Toyota Division pickups up almost 14 percent
  • Tacoma up 15.3 percent
  • Tundra sales were up 11.5 percent 
  • TCUV had a best-ever month and achieved its best-ever annual sales record after only 11 months
  • L/Certified by Lexus posts best-ever November sales; achieved its best-ever annual sales record after only 11 months
  • Lexus LUVs up 10.4 percent; posts best-ever November sales    
  • NX up almost 56 percent; posts best-ever November
  • LX up almost 20 percent in November
  • IS up 16.6 percent

Toyota Motor Sales November 2016.jpg

Not a bad month at all for them, not surprised to see Tundra down a little bit as the domestics are all three bringing their A game when it comes to trucks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Lexus finds itself in a bit of a bind. With demand for crossovers growing, Lexus is doing a serious look at its product lineup and deciding what needs to be added and what needs to taken out.
      "We're more focused on maximizing the opportunities we have than comparing ourselves," said David Christ, the new general manager for Lexus to Automotive News.
      "Our product plan is what I would call a work in progress."
      The current focus for Lexus is the upcoming launches of the ES and the subcompact UX crossover. The ES is expected to keep current Lexus owners happy, but the new F-Sport package will hopefully bring in younger people - Lexus expects a quarter of ES sales to be the F-sport. The UX though is seen as what will bring the majority of young buyers to the brand.
      But this focus has Lexus doing "a strategic look" at two of their older models, the IS and GS. Both models are late into their lifecycles: IS was launched in 2013, while GS dates back to 2011. The two aren't big sellers either. In 2017, Lexus only moved 7,773 GS models and 26,482 IS models. Rumor has it that the GS could go away if the ES gets all-wheel drive. Christ wouldn't comment on that.
      "We can't do it all at once, but we're certainly evaluating both vehicles," said Christ.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Lexus finds itself in a bit of a bind. With demand for crossovers growing, Lexus is doing a serious look at its product lineup and deciding what needs to be added and what needs to taken out.
      "We're more focused on maximizing the opportunities we have than comparing ourselves," said David Christ, the new general manager for Lexus to Automotive News.
      "Our product plan is what I would call a work in progress."
      The current focus for Lexus is the upcoming launches of the ES and the subcompact UX crossover. The ES is expected to keep current Lexus owners happy, but the new F-Sport package will hopefully bring in younger people - Lexus expects a quarter of ES sales to be the F-sport. The UX though is seen as what will bring the majority of young buyers to the brand.
      But this focus has Lexus doing "a strategic look" at two of their older models, the IS and GS. Both models are late into their lifecycles: IS was launched in 2013, while GS dates back to 2011. The two aren't big sellers either. In 2017, Lexus only moved 7,773 GS models and 26,482 IS models. Rumor has it that the GS could go away if the ES gets all-wheel drive. Christ wouldn't comment on that.
      "We can't do it all at once, but we're certainly evaluating both vehicles," said Christ.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
    • By William Maley
      (Author’s Note: Before you ask, no this isn’t a typo. I really did drive a 2017 Tacoma in 2018. Due to some circumstances, the Tacoma took the place of another vehicle at the last minute. I didn’t realize it was a 2017 model until I saw the sticker. I’ll make note of the changes for 2018 towards the end of the piece.)
      I’ll likely make some people annoyed with this line: The Toyota Tacoma is the Jeep Wrangler of the pickup world. Before you start getting banging on your keyboard, telling me how I am wrong, allow me to make my case. The two models have a number of similarities; off-road pedigree, not changing much in terms of design or mechanicals; and somewhat uncomfortable when driven on the road.
      Since our last review of the Tacoma, not much has changed with the exterior. The TRD Off-Road package does make the Tacoma look somewhat mean with a new grille, 16-inch wheels wrapped meaty off-road tires, and a khaki paint color that looks like it came from an army base.  The Tacoma’s interior is very user-friendly with a comprehensive and simple dash layout. Most controls are where you expect to find them and in easy reach. But some controls are placed in some odd locations. A key example is the hill descent control which is next to the dome lights on the ceiling. Comfort is still almost nonexistent in the Tacoma. The front seats are quite firm and provide decent support. No height adjustment means a fair number of people will need to make comprises in comfort to find the right seating position. The back seat can fit adults, provided you don’t have anyone tall sitting in the front. Otherwise, legroom becomes very scarce. Under the hood is a 3.5L V6 producing 278 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque. This is paired with a six-speed automatic and four-wheel drive. At low speeds, the engine pulls quite strongly and smoothly. It is very different when traveling on the highway as the engine really needs to be worked to get up to speed at a somewhat decent rate. Part of this comes down to the automatic which likes to quickly upshift to maximize fuel economy. There is a ‘sport’ mode on the transmission that locks out fifth and sixth gear, but only improves performance marginally. Fuel economy is towards the bottom with EPA figures of 18 City/23 Highway/20 Combined. My average for the week landed around 19.5 mpg. TRD Off-Road brings forth a retuned suspension setup featuring a set of Bilstein shocks. Usually, this makes the ride is somewhat softer. But in the Tacoma, the ride is quite choppy on any surface that isn’t smooth. Steering is very slow and heavy, making tight maneuvers a bit difficult. A fair amount of wind and road noise is apparent. Any changes to be aware of for the 2018 Tacoma? The only change of note is the addition of Toyota Safety Sense-P. This suite of active safety features includes automatic emergency braking, automatic high-beams, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, and lane departure warning. The TRD Off-Road will set you back $35,515 for the Double Cab with the Long Bed - the 2018 model is about $1,410 more. With a few options, our as-tested price came to $40,617. Disclaimer: Toyota Provided the Tacoma, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2017
      Make: Toyota
      Model: Tacoma Double Cab with Long Bed
      Trim: TRD Off-Road
      Engine: 3.5L D-4S V6 with Dual VVT-i 
      Driveline: Six-Speed Automatic, Four-Wheel Drive
      Horsepower @ RPM: 278 @ 6,000
      Torque @ RPM: 265 @ 4,600 
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 18/23/20
      Curb Weight: 4,480 lbs
      Location of Manufacture: San Antonio, TX
      Base Price: $35,515
      As Tested Price: $40,617 (Includes $960.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      Premium & Technology Package - $3,035.00
      Tonneau Cover - $650.00
      Carpet Floor Mats w/Door Sill Protector - $208.00
      Mudguards - $129.00
      Bed Mat - $120.00

View full article
    • By William Maley
      (Author’s Note: Before you ask, no this isn’t a typo. I really did drive a 2017 Tacoma in 2018. Due to some circumstances, the Tacoma took the place of another vehicle at the last minute. I didn’t realize it was a 2017 model until I saw the sticker. I’ll make note of the changes for 2018 towards the end of the piece.)
      I’ll likely make some people annoyed with this line: The Toyota Tacoma is the Jeep Wrangler of the pickup world. Before you start getting banging on your keyboard, telling me how I am wrong, allow me to make my case. The two models have a number of similarities; off-road pedigree, not changing much in terms of design or mechanicals; and somewhat uncomfortable when driven on the road.
      Since our last review of the Tacoma, not much has changed with the exterior. The TRD Off-Road package does make the Tacoma look somewhat mean with a new grille, 16-inch wheels wrapped meaty off-road tires, and a khaki paint color that looks like it came from an army base.  The Tacoma’s interior is very user-friendly with a comprehensive and simple dash layout. Most controls are where you expect to find them and in easy reach. But some controls are placed in some odd locations. A key example is the hill descent control which is next to the dome lights on the ceiling. Comfort is still almost nonexistent in the Tacoma. The front seats are quite firm and provide decent support. No height adjustment means a fair number of people will need to make comprises in comfort to find the right seating position. The back seat can fit adults, provided you don’t have anyone tall sitting in the front. Otherwise, legroom becomes very scarce. Under the hood is a 3.5L V6 producing 278 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque. This is paired with a six-speed automatic and four-wheel drive. At low speeds, the engine pulls quite strongly and smoothly. It is very different when traveling on the highway as the engine really needs to be worked to get up to speed at a somewhat decent rate. Part of this comes down to the automatic which likes to quickly upshift to maximize fuel economy. There is a ‘sport’ mode on the transmission that locks out fifth and sixth gear, but only improves performance marginally. Fuel economy is towards the bottom with EPA figures of 18 City/23 Highway/20 Combined. My average for the week landed around 19.5 mpg. TRD Off-Road brings forth a retuned suspension setup featuring a set of Bilstein shocks. Usually, this makes the ride is somewhat softer. But in the Tacoma, the ride is quite choppy on any surface that isn’t smooth. Steering is very slow and heavy, making tight maneuvers a bit difficult. A fair amount of wind and road noise is apparent. Any changes to be aware of for the 2018 Tacoma? The only change of note is the addition of Toyota Safety Sense-P. This suite of active safety features includes automatic emergency braking, automatic high-beams, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, and lane departure warning. The TRD Off-Road will set you back $35,515 for the Double Cab with the Long Bed - the 2018 model is about $1,410 more. With a few options, our as-tested price came to $40,617. Disclaimer: Toyota Provided the Tacoma, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2017
      Make: Toyota
      Model: Tacoma Double Cab with Long Bed
      Trim: TRD Off-Road
      Engine: 3.5L D-4S V6 with Dual VVT-i 
      Driveline: Six-Speed Automatic, Four-Wheel Drive
      Horsepower @ RPM: 278 @ 6,000
      Torque @ RPM: 265 @ 4,600 
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 18/23/20
      Curb Weight: 4,480 lbs
      Location of Manufacture: San Antonio, TX
      Base Price: $35,515
      As Tested Price: $40,617 (Includes $960.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      Premium & Technology Package - $3,035.00
      Tonneau Cover - $650.00
      Carpet Floor Mats w/Door Sill Protector - $208.00
      Mudguards - $129.00
      Bed Mat - $120.00
    • By William Maley
      Volvo Cars of North America, LLC - Up 50.6% (9,338 Vehicles Sold This Month, 37,754 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Mitsubishi Motors North America - Up 31.7% (12,416 Vehicles Sold This Month, 56,178 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Jaguar Land Rover North America - Up 16.8% (9,469 Vehicles Sold This Month, 50,231 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Mazda North American Operations - Up 15.1% (29,980 Vehicles Sold This Month, 137,031 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      FCA US LLC - Up 11% (214,294 Vehicles Sold This Month, 913,212 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Hyundai Motor America - Up 10.1% (66,056 Vehicles Sold This Month, 270,996 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 7.2% (60,146 Vehicles Sold This Month, 263,019 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Porsche Cars North America, Inc. - Up 4.2% (5,005 Vehicles Sold This Month, 24,529 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Volkswagen of America - Up 4% (31,211 Vehicles Sold This Month, 143,957 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      BMW Group U.S. - Up 3.4% (30,888 Vehicles Sold This Month, 142,469 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      American Honda Motor Co. - Up 3.1% (153,069 Vehicles Sold This Month, 641,261 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Kia Motors America - Up 1.6% (59,462 Vehicles Sold This Month, 236,992 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Ford Motor Company - Up 0.7% (242,824 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,047,056 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Audi of America - Up 0.6% (19,315 Vehicles Sold This Month, 88,471 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Mercedes-Benz USA - Down 0.3% (30,187 Vehicles Sold This Month, 147,283 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Toyota Motor North America - Down 1.3% (215,321 Vehicles Sold This Month, 979,710 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Nissan North America - Down 4.1% (131,832 Vehicles Sold This Month, 635,599 Vehicles Sold This Year)

Brands:
      Acura - Down 8% (12,819 Vehicles Sold This Month, 58,121 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Alfa Romeo - Up 4% (2,377 Vehicles Sold This Month, 10,016 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Audi - Up 0.6% (19,315 Vehicles Sold This Month, 88,471 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      BMW - Up 3.3% (26,662 Vehicles Sold This Month, 123,979 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Chrysler - Down 18% (14,724 Vehicles Sold This Month, 75,146 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Dodge - Up 4% (46,581 Vehicles Sold This Month, 204,546 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Fiat - Down 46% (1,441 Vehicles Sold This Month, 6,859 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Ford - Up 1% (233,069 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,006,321 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Genesis - Down 38.6% (1,076 Vehicles Sold This Month, 6,466 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Honda - Up 4.3% (140,250 Vehicles Sold This Month, 583,140 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Hyundai - Up 11.5% (64,980 Vehicles Sold This Month, 264,530 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Infiniti - Down 7.1% (11,625 Vehicles Sold This Month, 61,472 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Jaguar - Down 24% (2,366 Vehicles Sold This Month, 12,434 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Jeep - Up 29% (97,287 Vehicles Sold This Month, 408,033 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Kia - Up 1.6% (59,462 Vehicles Sold This Month, 236,992 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Land Rover - Up 42.3% (7,103 Vehicles Sold This Month, 37,797 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Lexus - Down 0.1% (25,391 Vehicles Sold This Month, 111,250 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Lincoln - Down 5.2% (9,755 Vehicles Sold This Month, 40,735 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Mazda - Up 15.1% (29,980 Vehicles Sold This Month, 137,031 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Mercedes-Benz - Up 0.3% (26,976 Vehicles Sold This Month, 132,657 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Mercedes-Benz Vans - Up 1.1% (3,101 Vehicles Sold This Month, 14,102 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      MINI - Up 4% (4,226 Vehicles Sold This Month, 18,490 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Mitsubishi - Up 31.7% (12,416 Vehicles Sold This Month, 56,178 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Nissan - Down 3.8% (120,207 Vehicles Sold This Month, 574,127 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Porsche - Up 4.2% (5,005 Vehicles Sold This Month, 24,529 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Ram Trucks - Up 2% (51,884 Vehicles Sold This Month, 208,612 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Smart - Down 66.8% (110 Vehicles Sold This Month, 524 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Subaru - Up 7.2% (60,146 Vehicles Sold This Month, 263,019 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Toyota - Down 1.5% (189,930 Vehicles Sold This Month, 868,460 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Volkswagen - Up 4% (31,211 Vehicles Sold This Month, 143,957 Vehicles Sold This Year)
      Volvo - Up 50.6% (9,338 Vehicles Sold This Month, 37,754 Vehicles Sold This Year)

View full article
  • My Clubs