• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Porsche News: Porsche To Show Panamera Shooting Brake At Geneva, Begin Sales In 2017 For Europe

We have known since last year that Porsche has been working on a Panamera shooting brake (wagon). Now we have an idea of when it will show up. Speaking with Car Magazine, Dr Stefan Utsch, director of sales and marketing for the Panamera revealed that the shooting brake will debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March and sales will kick off later in the year for Europe.

We're expecting to see something similar to the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo shown at the 2012 Paris Motor Show - the roofline extended a bit and larger tailgate.

One item up in the air is whether or not the Panamera shooting brake will come to the U.S. 

"We have to have some patience for [the wagon] to arrive in the U.S. But we are confident that this car will be well received here, despite the fact that this country doesn't really like hatchbacks or wagons," said Porsche's U.S. chief, Klaus Zellmer last year to Automotive News. 

That could mean we might see the Panamera shooting brake as early as 2018.

Source: Car Magazine

View full article

:puke: Not a fan of their shooting brake!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Porsche has been hard at work on their first electric vehicle, the Taycan (formally known as Mission E). With just under a a year to go before Porsche unveils the final product, the German automaker decided to release some technical information.
      Beginning with the powertrain, the Taycan will use two permanently synchronous motors (one mounted on each axle). This will produce a combined output of 600-plus horsepower. Porsche claims a 0-100 kph (0-62 mph) time of under 3.5 seconds. The large lithium-ion battery pack provides overall range of 600 kilometers (about 310 miles). When the battery does become depleted, it will only take 15 minutes for an 80 percent charge when plugged into an 800-volt charger. The Taycan will also support 400V chargers, though Porsche hasn't revealed how long it will take for a recharge.
      Porsche is looking to build 20,000 Taycans per year at their Zuffenhausen facility in Germany when production kicks off next year.
      Source: Porsche

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Porsche has been hard at work on their first electric vehicle, the Taycan (formally known as Mission E). With just under a a year to go before Porsche unveils the final product, the German automaker decided to release some technical information.
      Beginning with the powertrain, the Taycan will use two permanently synchronous motors (one mounted on each axle). This will produce a combined output of 600-plus horsepower. Porsche claims a 0-100 kph (0-62 mph) time of under 3.5 seconds. The large lithium-ion battery pack provides overall range of 600 kilometers (about 310 miles). When the battery does become depleted, it will only take 15 minutes for an 80 percent charge when plugged into an 800-volt charger. The Taycan will also support 400V chargers, though Porsche hasn't revealed how long it will take for a recharge.
      Porsche is looking to build 20,000 Taycans per year at their Zuffenhausen facility in Germany when production kicks off next year.
      Source: Porsche
    • By regfootball
      Driven: 2018 Buick Regal Sportback Essence 2.0t
      (the original review is in this post.  Revised reviews are further down, in this post, and in  this other post)
      HIGHS:
      -Nice understated shape conceals a cleverly integrated hatchback design
      -'Decent' propulsion from 2.0t engine
      -Nicely shaped upper dash with touchsreen oriented slightly to driver.  Interesting at least from a design standpoint.
      -Sporting driving position and good room in both rows, mostly, plus the biggest benefit being improved leg room over previous model
      -Really nice cargo space, with seats up, or seats down, the cargo area of this vehicle and the flexibility of it in a car like this IMO is a major draw
      -View outside of this vehicle is improved over its platform mate (Malibu, my daily driver) due to the rear door glass being longer and taller.  View out the front and rear is essentially the same.
      -AWD availability is a nice plus, thanks Buick.
      LOWS:
      -I can't recall any of the GM vehicles I have driven with this ubiquitous 2.0t engine, where i have actually been wowed or impressed by it.  It has decent thrust, but honestly you gotta spool it up a bit, the tranny doesn't respond instantly, it's not a five star smooth tranny, and it's kind of rough and noisy overall as a powertrain (AT LEAST FOR IT'S PRICE / CLASS).  I was hoping the 2.0 would make the car match the near luxury description but I don't think it's overall a smooth enough powertrain to meet that claim.  It's neither smooth, nor sporting or exciting.  And this is with front wheel drive.  I will reserve final judgment until i get in the GS with the v6, which is the engine I think most people will really end up liking in this car.
      -Heavier than it's Malibu platform mate.  No doubt acceptable due to the larger engine, but the benefit of the extra weight doesn't manifest itself in any real tangible way anywhere in the ride and drive of the car.
      -Not really any quieter inside than my Malibu.  Strange, because this Buick is supposed to have quiet tuning, and goo in the tires to help make it quieter.  The ride isn't really any more plush, either.
      -Steering is sort of dead and mushy.  That's not GERMANIC now, is it.
      -NEED TO BE ABLE TO TURN OFF THE AUTOSTOP WHEN YOU WANT TO.
      -Not really much nicer inside than in my Malibu.  The lower dash is the same 'less expensive' plastic you see in cheap Chevy's.  The door panels are a little nicer, but not that much more.  Many switches and buttons are the same.  The console is nicer (I don't like the shifter centered in the console now actually, it's quite a reach) I guess...except for cupholders in front of the climate controls.  The upper dash material is an upgrade over the Malibu, but it's not a PREMIUM dash material either.
      -I can't really tell for sure if the seats are better.  My Malibu seats are poor.  The Regal seats seemed to hug me more, but they still felt thin and insubstantial.  The leather quality was slightly better, but still nothing to write home about. 
      -Rear head room suffers a bit with the hatch design.  I don't mind the tradeoff personally, but the Malibu retains a bit more headroom, and the Regal TourX really has much more....so get the wagon if rear head room matters.
      -Sunroof was nice to have considering how bunkerlike the Malibu can feel....but again the hatch design limits the size of the sunroof here compared to the Malibu's BAMR.  I can live with the compromise here myself, and again, the wagon will satisfy your urge for BAMR if you need it.  I would encourage GM to develop a way to integrate a larger moonroof with the hatch design.  I think it could be done, but would require time and money on a redesign effort.
      -Options / packages on this car are, simply put, stupid.  But that merits its own post.  At least in this car, the heated steering wheel and leather heated seats were both included.  You can actually get this car with heated steering wheel but without heated seats.  How f-cked up is that?  In 2019, Fusion, Toyota, and others will have things like blind spot and cross path detection as standard equipment.  And those are not 'premium' makes.
      -I'll let others decide if they think the styling is too tepid.  I don't mind the understated styling but do admit that the color selections that are available on this car leave me wanting.  I like the red on the GS, and the smoked pearl metallic is nice.  And Buick seems to think they should charge extra for paint colors when they don't make the ride and drive anything special.
      -pricing.  I think the average nature of this car would be easily forgiven if the pricing were in line with being an average car; not priced for a premium marque.  Like the LaCrosse and Envision, it is best to wait out the model year if you are buying and wait for the inevitable 7,000-10,000 or more in discounts...which might bring the pricing in line with what the vehicle really is.  You can't say this vehicle is appealing at the prices it is at now.  
      SUMMARY:
      This probably seems like a negative review, but you should consider it more of underwhelmed and let down.  This car as I drove it just doesn't have any kind of endearing personality to speak of!  At the end of the day, it took Buick two extra years to bring to the US it's own Malibu clone, which doesn't have much more to show for it.... apart from the clever hatch and base 2.0 engine upgrade over the 1.5.  I actually am very curious now to be among the first to try the 2019 Malibu 1.5t + CVT combo.  But that's an aside for another discussion.  The 2.0 that general motors puts in so many vehicles has never impressed me, and that's due more to it's character than anything.  I had hopes this would be the ONE CAR that it would feel sporting in; one that would make the car feel at least a little, like a SPORTS SEDAN.  Nope.  I will wait with baited breath to someday find a v6 GS to test, as i think it will be the only Regal worth anything.  At least worth anything more than just being another option in the midsize, genericar class.  And I hope Buick is working on a twin turbo six option as well for the GS (GSX?).  I tend to think this car won't move the needle in marketplace excitement until it has a tire shredder under the hood to brag about...The v6 will promise smoother revs and deeper lungs at least......... Still, as a replacement in the bottom end of the Buick lineup for the Verano, I am ok with this.  Just please, sex it up!

• By William Maley
      There have been rumors for the past few years of Porsche building a coupe-like version of the Cayenne. Those rumors are coming to fruition as Autocar reports that the Cayenne Coupe has been given the green light.
      Porsche CEO Oliver Blume has given the go-ahead on the project which is expected to launch in the fourth quarter of next year. Like key competitors such as the BMW X6 and Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe, the Cayenne Coupe will adopt of a liftback tailgate. Other design changes include a taillight shape and rear side windows. The model will be positioned as a performance model, which likely means no 3.0L turbocharged V6 from the base Cayenne. Instead, expect to find the twin-turbo 2.9L V6 and twin-turbo 4.0L V8.
      Source: Autocar

View full article
    • By William Maley
      There have been rumors for the past few years of Porsche building a coupe-like version of the Cayenne. Those rumors are coming to fruition as Autocar reports that the Cayenne Coupe has been given the green light.
      Porsche CEO Oliver Blume has given the go-ahead on the project which is expected to launch in the fourth quarter of next year. Like key competitors such as the BMW X6 and Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe, the Cayenne Coupe will adopt of a liftback tailgate. Other design changes include a taillight shape and rear side windows. The model will be positioned as a performance model, which likely means no 3.0L turbocharged V6 from the base Cayenne. Instead, expect to find the twin-turbo 2.9L V6 and twin-turbo 4.0L V8.
      Source: Autocar
  • My Clubs