Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sources Tell me '09YM in 2008

Well today i was pleasently supprised when our GM trainer came in and discussed future products for us...

First he cleanly said "you didnt hear it from me" but... The camaro will be avalible in 2008 as a 2009 year model. He also mentioned that there would be 3 engine choices those being 1 v6 and 2 v8's and the idea of borrowing the 7L, although it wouldnt be rated to have as much power as the vette, the idea was there to borrow the motor.

He also went on to mention stuff about the impala next year getting AFM (this we already knew)

he also mentioned that it was sent to austrailia (like we already knew) so that it would stay out of the limelight...

Hm, we weren't sure if it'd be one or two V6s.. but it throws me off hearing that he said the LS7. We know that won't be in the Camaro.. Unless he was saying that just to mean "a BIG V8" because he can't talk about upcoming LSx engines..

The last I was told there will be three models and 3 engines.

Also I was told the planned 3 engines are not even on the market yet. So the new DI V6 coming most likely will be our V6 and the new V8's will see just over 400 HP and 500 HP as the Vette will move up [blue Devil].

Lutz has backed the boys in powertrain division to give them what ever they need to top the Mustang no matter what they produce. Ford just did 500 HP so we can expect more as long as Lutz has the wheel.

Don't expect the up level car or the Convert for at least a year from the fall of 08, but they are well into the mix already.

I have not heard for a while if the SS and Z28 will switch places or not. It has been up to debate with in GM and they have not given any clear winner as of yet which they favor. I expect the SS will be made the top choice but we will have to wait and see.

The last I was told there will be three models and 3 engines.

Also I was told  the planned  3 engines are not even on the market yet. So the new DI V6 coming most likely will be our V6 and the new V8's will see just over 400 HP and 500 HP as the Vette will move up [blue Devil].

Lutz has backed the boys in powertrain division to give them what ever they need to top the Mustang no matter what they produce. Ford just did 500 HP so we can expect more as long as Lutz has the wheel. 

Don't expect the up level car or the Convert for at least a year from the fall of 08, but they are well into the mix already.

I have not heard for a while if the SS and Z28 will switch places or not. It has been up to debate with in GM and they have not given any clear winner as of yet which they favor.  I expect the SS will be made the top choice but we will have to wait and see.

He never mentioned the "LS" figure, he said it would have 3 engines, a v6 and 2 v8's and he mentioned that the "7 liter" could also be in the works...

haha and after he mentioned a few things i muttered blue devil and he chuckled

MY 09 in CY 08 makes sense both in terms of

the reality of rolling out ZETA & keeping with

tradition... it will be the 40th Anniversary of

the best Camaro model year ever.

9-teen-60-nine!

This is great news! That gives me a solid 2 years to save up a down payment for this bad boy....or to win the lottery....or to sell a kidney or whatever.

I'll park it right beside my '69.....Ah! It'll be wonderful!!! :thumbsup: