Stratus/Sebring- The Next Generation

I doubt this concerns too many here, and not really even myself, but something I thought of, and I need to see what others think/feel/believe/know.

The first and second generation JA (Clouds) cars featured suspensions that were of a Front high-arm with anti-sway bar, and Rear low-arm multilink with sway bar, or as Chrysler also calls it, "Modified Double-Wishbone Suspension".

Not only unique in the midsize segment which features mostly a MacPherson strut/Multilink setup, I've read that this sort of suspension also costs a little more to produce.

However, with the next generation of the Clouds nearly upon us, I have to wonder.

This platform was codeveloped with Mitsubishi, and will underpin the all-new Lancer and several slightly larger cars, (possibly the next Galant?) as well as multiple upcoming Chrysler models.

I worry if maybe the new Chrysler midsize sedans will feature MacPherson struts, which everyone has.

Now I know most of you don't care about the Stratus/Cirrus/Sebring/Breeze, but I am so proud of the fact that my car does not have struts underneath it.

I have that gut feeling that the new ones will, and it will disappoint me.

Just thought I would throw this out, see what everyone thinks.

Edited by MyerShift

Oh, I know, it's just that EVERYONE and his Chairman have struts.

I like something a little different...

In any case the next gen. Sebring/Stratus are long overdue.

True, true. But as the last All-American sedans, the Clouds are unique.