Dec-18

2019 YTD

2018 YTD

Model

G70

G80

G90

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      First off, sorry for not posting an interactive review last week. My day job kept me busy and I needed some time to recharge. Nevertheless, you'll be hearing more about the Lexus RC F and its yellow paint color in a few weeks time as a quick drive review. In the meantime, let me introduce to latest vehicle to enter C&G's Detroit garage, the 2020 Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate.
      This packs a 5.0L V8 engine with 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic. My test car is rear-wheel drive, but you can order all-wheel drive. The Ultimate brings everything to the G90, minus the kitchen sink. There is power-adjustable rear seats with memory; power window shades, 12-3-inch infotainment system, adaptive cruise control with stop and go; and much more. Price? $76,695 with a $995.00 freight charge. 
      Now this weeklong evaluation didn't get off to the best of starts. I got a flat tire on the first night as I was driving home from an errand. I don't know if I picked up a nail or something in the tire, but it had to be replaced. A big thank you goes out to Driveshop (the company who is providing all of these vehicles for this run) and Suburban Genesis and Hyundai for getting this done in about a day.
      Once over that, here are some first impressions.
      I can't help but think of the Lincoln Contiental with the G90's design in terms of the profile and certain design touches. The large diamond shape grille doesn't look as comical as it does in pictures. But I can see it being a point of contention. I do wish Genesis had added the 12.3-inch digital cluster that will be going into the upcoming G80 and GV80. V8 is very smooth and quiet, though the twin-turbo V6 is slightly quicker. I'll have more updates throughout the next few days, barring any other sort of incident. In the meantime, if you have questions, drop them below and I'll do my best to answer them.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      First off, sorry for not posting an interactive review last week. My day job kept me busy and I needed some time to recharge. Nevertheless, you'll be hearing more about the Lexus RC F and its yellow paint color in a few weeks time as a quick drive review. In the meantime, let me introduce to latest vehicle to enter C&G's Detroit garage, the 2020 Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate.
      This packs a 5.0L V8 engine with 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic. My test car is rear-wheel drive, but you can order all-wheel drive. The Ultimate brings everything to the G90, minus the kitchen sink. There is power-adjustable rear seats with memory; power window shades, 12-3-inch infotainment system, adaptive cruise control with stop and go; and much more. Price? $76,695 with a $995.00 freight charge. 
      Now this weeklong evaluation didn't get off to the best of starts. I got a flat tire on the first night as I was driving home from an errand. I don't know if I picked up a nail or something in the tire, but it had to be replaced. A big thank you goes out to Driveshop (the company who is providing all of these vehicles for this run) and Suburban Genesis and Hyundai for getting this done in about a day.
      Once over that, here are some first impressions.
      I can't help but think of the Lincoln Contiental with the G90's design in terms of the profile and certain design touches. The large diamond shape grille doesn't look as comical as it does in pictures. But I can see it being a point of contention. I do wish Genesis had added the 12.3-inch digital cluster that will be going into the upcoming G80 and GV80. V8 is very smooth and quiet, though the twin-turbo V6 is slightly quicker. I'll have more updates throughout the next few days, barring any other sort of incident. In the meantime, if you have questions, drop them below and I'll do my best to answer them.

• By William Maley
      It has been a moment since any new vehicle has rolled into the garage at Cheers & Gears' Detroit office. A combination of a review backlog and COVID-19 messing up everything in the world made me put requesting vehicles for evaluation on the back burner. But with backlog finished and COVID-19 currently at a lull here in the state, I thought it was time to put a request in. 
      The first vehicle in this run is the 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport. To break it down, this is Genesis' entry-level model in the lineup packing a very potent twin-turbo 3.3L V6 with 365 horsepower - the same one found in the Kia Stinger GT and Genesis G80 Sport I have driven previously. As-tested, this G70 rings in at $51,245.
      Some first impressions:
      Surprised at how well this sedan handles when in the comfort mode. Not too much body roll and the steering having some heft. Wondering if this is due to the optional Sport Package. One of the tightest back seats I have experienced in a compact luxury sedan. Small gap for my head and knees almost touching the back of the seat. I think the former Cadillac ATS and Lexus IS are the smallest still, but the G70 isn't running to far behind. The Serbian Ice exterior paint color changes shade depending on if you're in the sun or shade. Can change from a white to a light gray. I'll have more updates as the week goes on. If you have any questions in the meantime, drop them below and I'll try my best to answer them.
      One more thing; either this weekend or early next week. I'll be doing a state of the review where I'll talk about the current state of reviews and what I have planned for down the road. Also, I'll be talking about which brands I currently have access to at this time.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      It has been a moment since any new vehicle has rolled into the garage at Cheers & Gears' Detroit office. A combination of a review backlog and COVID-19 messing up everything in the world made me put requesting vehicles for evaluation on the back burner. But with backlog finished and COVID-19 currently at a lull here in the state, I thought it was time to put a request in. 
      The first vehicle in this run is the 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport. To break it down, this is Genesis' entry-level model in the lineup packing a very potent twin-turbo 3.3L V6 with 365 horsepower - the same one found in the Kia Stinger GT and Genesis G80 Sport I have driven previously. As-tested, this G70 rings in at $51,245.
      Some first impressions:
      Surprised at how well this sedan handles when in the comfort mode. Not too much body roll and the steering having some heft. Wondering if this is due to the optional Sport Package. One of the tightest back seats I have experienced in a compact luxury sedan. Small gap for my head and knees almost touching the back of the seat. I think the former Cadillac ATS and Lexus IS are the smallest still, but the G70 isn't running to far behind. The Serbian Ice exterior paint color changes shade depending on if you're in the sun or shade. Can change from a white to a light gray. I'll have more updates as the week goes on. If you have any questions in the meantime, drop them below and I'll try my best to answer them.
      One more thing; either this weekend or early next week. I'll be doing a state of the review where I'll talk about the current state of reviews and what I have planned for down the road. Also, I'll be talking about which brands I currently have access to at this time.

• By William Maley
      Genesis was hoping to have a one-two punch for the U.S. with the launch of the new GV80 crossover and redesigned G80 this summer. But the COVID-19 pandemic has screwed up these plans. Automotive News reports that Genesis has pushed back the launch of both models to the fall.
      A Genesis spokesman told the outlet that Genesis couldn't get the two vehicles into EPA testing to have them certified for vehicle emissions. The labs that perform the tests were shutdown due to COVID-19.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

• Drew Dowdell

If you get this, you are a critical thinker.
      I enter the bedroom.
      There are 34 people. You kill 30. How many people are in the bedroom?
      If you get it correct your answer will be deleted and I’ll message you to continue the game. Don’t bother playing if you’re not going to continue, party poopers!
      I won against Keele Christopher
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

One of my favorite stops on that trip.
      · 0 replies
    • trinacriabob  »  NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Happy birthday, Landis!  Hope it was a good one.  Again, it would have been my dad's birthday ... and Napoleon Bonaparte's.  (Both of them were height challenged.)
      I'd be going to Mario's on that beachfront boulevard in Galveston to pig out at their Italian buffet. 
      · 2 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

So I did a thing. I have wanted one of these for years. I managed to find a 2013 Avalanche with just 12,800 miles on the odometer. It’s very well loaded and practically perfect in every way. Very very happy with it!
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

Happy birthday to my love Albert
      · 1 reply
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook