Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spring into March Car Spotting Thread

Beautiful sunny day today, out on I-77 south of Canton saw a couple strange sights...I saw a big rollback wrecker loading a presumably broken-down black current style Chevy Silverado HD 4dr that had been towing a large fifth-wheel travel trailer (like 35 foot or so)...was on a uphill section of I-77.      Later saw two new (w/ temporary tags) Volvo three rear axle semi-truck cabs (googled the model--the 'VHD'), one red, one white, lots of chrome driving together...the odd detail was the red was flat-towing an older Honda CRV..

Saw a solid third gen Camaro IROC-Z in bright red, t-tops off rumbling along in traffic through Akron...paint was a bit faded in places, but it looked straight and solid.  Had some Bon Jovi blasting..

Saw a new Land Rover Defender for the first time yesterday..wow, they are seriously ugly in person..esp. the rear with the weird taillights..they look tall and narrow...

I was rolling along in my grubby JGC w/ the sunroof open blasting '90s U2.  4th trip to the farm in the last week, driven 800 miles over those 4 trips..fun, fun..  I washed it a couple weeks ago, but the automated car wash didn't get the caked mud out of the wheel wells..going to have to power wash it.  Averaging 22-23mpg mostly highway.

Edited by Robert Hall

Been working some long days to get things done for our upcoming tradeshow, so decided to take the day and go skiing. Amazing seeing this as it was only sold in Japan but is like double the size of a Smart Car, but so tiny still and right hand drive.

20220322_063250.jpg

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I have seen this situation - the exposed windshield washer fluid bottle - often.  Bummer. 

KIMG0007.thumb.JPG.fd968e7b39879f6c772c64392e359f3a.JPG

This photo has a March date. 

could make it easier to refill, if the cap were exposed.   Saw an older Malibu the other day going down I-77 with a cracked front bumper, and maybe 6-8 inches of it sticking straight out perpendicular to the wheel well...

• Haha 2

This car has gotten cleaner looking over the years.  As a result of C&G members owing one or liking them, I now notice them more.  I'm not a 2-seater buyer, but, of this genre, my nod goes to the Saturn Sky, followed by the Pontiac Solstice.

KIMG0008.thumb.JPG.810eaae8742011a1d6446c40e253f003.JPG

Seen in a metallic blue I've not seen before and that works well on this vehicle.