September 2022 - Auto Spotting Thread

David

We'll we have the start of the labor day weekend and I just realized nothing has been posted about auto's people have seen. Today I had some good views, we will start off with a car I loved, but did not fit in very well.

Cadillac Station Wagon, especially loved them in V edition.

20220802_093451.jpg

Start off with seeing an old GMC pickup that some members will love, forgot as I do not think I have seen the GMC person post in a while who loved all things GMC.

20220705_110735.jpg

Saw my first in the wild Ioniq 5, love the layout, dash and it looks very roomy inside, the center arm rest is bigger than in my SS.

20220828_081152.jpg20220828_081110.jpg20220828_081039.jpg20220828_081225.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

^ early 50s something...so many cars looked so similar then, esp. from behind. 

A bit of googling leads me to believe it is a '50-51 Buick.  A marque that had a very distinctive front end, but not so distinctive rear.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

^ early 50s something...so many cars looked so similar then, esp. from behind. 

A bit of googling leads me to believe it is a '50-51 Buick.  A marque that had a very distinctive front end, but not so distinctive rear.

I was hoping to get around them or side so I could see the front, but never got the chance as they turned into the 55 and older community on the lake ahead.

Good ... a September thread is up and running.

Seen on the 1st of the month while driving through a borderline industrial / residential area.  I couldn't believe it.  I had to turn back!

KIMG2192-inked.thumb.jpg.b4b6c43594b1bfe0d95be06298eaeac9.jpg

1980 was a good stepping stone from the oversized headlamp 1978-1979 models to the 1981 shovel nose refresh, which sounds like a negative but was definitely successful.  Except for the windshield, the aftermarket exhaust, and those too wide whitewalls, this Cutlass Supreme Brougham coupe is in great shape.  I wondered which engine it had, but I wasn't about to go knocking on doors to find out.

KIMG2194-inked.thumb.jpg.eeb474ecb91e292e10acc95d6cfad6ee.jpg

Seeing this view from off in the distance is what got me to drive around again.  If anything, this 1980-only treatment really connected this smaller model to the highly successful 1976 model with quad rectangular lamps and twin waterfall grilles.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, David said:

Took the wife out before the crowds for a Labor Day Breakfast. Saw this sharp looking Stinger.

20220905_080625.jpg

Good photo, but I don't know what I think about this car.  I only know one person who has a Stinger.  It is the first year model and it appears to be working out fine.

18 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Good photo, but I don't know what I think about this car.  I only know one person who has a Stinger.  It is the first year model and it appears to be working out fine.

So far, the couple that I know of are in the hands of co-workers who love it and say everything about the auto from Fit n Finish to performance is just awesome compared to everything else from either European or Asian. Nothing but good experiences so far.

They for sure are not very common as I think it is one of those too little too late for having a fun performance sedan as the CUV craze took off.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

@David  The price point is also a little high.  Or it can go there quickly.

Yes, depending on GT or GT2, The fully loaded GT with 300 hp and 311 lb-ft of torque tops out at $45K for a Turbo 4 banger.

GT2 with 368hp and 378 lb-ft of torque for a twin turbo V6 fully loaded hits $57K.

Love the Green color.

image.png

Considering how all prices have increased on everything with inflation, not too bad I think for the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 6:40 PM, Robert Hall said:

Nice weather today.  Went to the beach and saw a lot of Corvettes out and about, incl 3 C8s.   The oldest I saw was this ‘68 convertible. 

snd 

630AC314-C00D-44C5-921A-65340ACA2E67.jpeg

Reminds me of the Movie Corvette Summer.

Corvette Summer (1978) - IMDb

Saw this.  Reminded me of so many rentals - for a great price and with great gas mileage - that I will probably never again see from behind the wheel of a small domestic vehicle.  Also, there were a handful or so of goofy enamel colors (pistachio, bright green, purple, dark yellow, etc.) that were offered on the Fiesta in its final years.  I'm not so sure I saw them on the final Focuses.

1803194168_KIMG2227-inked.thumb.jpg.9798f6f6de66d8e82a41f59229b6d59d.jpg

I enjoyed my Fiesta rentals, minus one circa 2016 or 2017 to Vancouver, Canada where the automatic transmission was doing just what they wrote it would.

Saw this at a supermarket.  It's a Porsche.  Don't know which model.  The area is okay, hence the owner left it uncovered.  Wish those burgundy interiors will become more prevalent.  September, yes, but prior to the official start of autumn.

KIMG2252.thumb.JPG.e578db216e4791b5e95eaf9472f2a8da.JPG

I couldn't photograph it, but I saw a near perfect silver Saturn Aura sedan today.  I don't see those often.  I'm guessing they were possibly on the same platform as the Grand Am and Alero, but they did a nice job with this car.  Toward the end, Saturn was making some nicer looking cars, quite a step up from the spartan jellybean products they initially rolled out.

Some dog/car sightings ... all this afternoon:

1.  I went to the AAA to load up a travel card and a little black lab puppy was hanging his head out of the car window near where I had parked and was wagging up a storm.

2.  I was sitting there getting coffee and, looking at the drive through, a guy driving out of it with one of those whipped coffee drinks let his dog in the passenger seat take the first big lick out of all that whipped garbage on those drinks ... don't give your dog sweets.

3.  I saw an upline SUV from which a German Shepherd had hoisted himself up via the console and was sticking his head out of it.

They are all goofy critters.

• Agree 1

On vacation this week, rambling around NE Ohio, Western PA and Western NY.  In Erie PA today, off to Lake Chautauqua and Jamestown, NY tomorrow, then the Allegheny National Forest and down to Pittsburgh Friday.  Been rainy the last few days, but clearing today.  Saw a few 30s Ford hot rods on Sunday, a clean ‘64 Corvette convertible today, a bright blue and a gray C8 today.  Trying to relax and not think about work and real life and enjoy some hiking and beach time.  Though I did bring my laptop just in case.  

E1093B7D-8995-490D-9510-63334584F2E2.jpeg

DCA96B5D-D30A-46FD-8A86-5F2A51FB6925.jpeg

DDAB3F0B-9E2D-463B-9460-237420964D12.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

On vacation this week, rambling around NE Ohio, Western PA and Western NY.  In Erie PA today, off to Lake Chautauqua and Jamestown, NY tomorrow, then the Allegheny National Forest and down to Pittsburgh Friday.  Been rainy the last few days, but clearing today.  Saw a few 30s Ford hot rods on Sunday, a clean ‘64 Corvette convertible today, a bright blue and a gray C8 today.  Trying to relax and not think about work and real life and enjoy some hiking and beach time.  Though I did bring my laptop just in case.  

E1093B7D-8995-490D-9510-63334584F2E2.jpeg

DCA96B5D-D30A-46FD-8A86-5F2A51FB6925.jpeg

DDAB3F0B-9E2D-463B-9460-237420964D12.jpeg

WoW, that is a stormy mess. on the water. So happy for you Robert that you are away on PTO. Enjoy it.